1/48 Mustang Mk I - No II (AC) Squadron

ragnarec

Flashing grey squares is usually an indication that the image is very large. Phone images can be pretty big ~ 3000x2000, DSLR cameras even bigger ~ 6000x4000. So it takes forever to download. It’s easy to edit a picture size and an image of roughly 1080x800 looks fine.

9 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning

It is exactly the same for me ...

Patrice

I'm linking from directly from Google Photo, which I assumed should do the resizing automatically. I've changed the links now. Still problems with flashing grey squares?

I'd forgotten about that radiator exit part- now that you mention it I remember it being said that it didn't fit (or locate) properly.  I even faintly remember looking into it myself with some test-fitting.  At any rate, I like the efforts that you've made to improve the representation.

• Like 1

Wings are now on, and time has come to tackle the radiator intake. Initially, I considered having the intake in the open position, but that would require building the rather complex radiator duct from scratch, plus the barrel shaped radiator. So that idea was discarded. The picture below shows the kit supplied late style intake, plus an illustration of the early style movable intake.

bhohSSsRjDkPq60AL5n3j3AaN3eLeuJlQBNB19Pz

• Like 3

State of affairs:

_DpFLciIg9L3rABU2N5eUZtCQs_OwgZxxtKtN-0Lnot 

I'm working on the radiator inlet. On the real plane. the cross section of the radiator duct changes from almost rectangular in the front to circular at the end. I've decided not to try to replicate that. The plan is to have the intake lip closed or almost closed, and I don't think it will be noticeable that a proper duct is missing.

Anyway, it's 15th of March, which means that I didn't make it to the deadline. The plan now is to start a new build thread in the standard WIP section and post updates there. Hopefully I will be able to finish the model in a not too distant future! 

Ragnar

Edited by ragnarec
  • Like 6

Very nice remedial work. Pictures all look fine again. 

Sorry you didn't meet the GB deadline but look forward to seeing it in the WIP section 👍

• Like 1