BeNeLux GB - and we're off to the bunfight!

vppelt68

Just now, Col. said:

Oh? Would that be Diana by any chance? :wub:

Yes, yes it is.  :heart:

It's the Hasegawa 2 pack (https://www.scalemates.com/kits/hasegawa-02172-f-16a-adf-mlu-fighting-falcon--958292) that I nabbed on sale a while back.  Kinda funny, because I'm not usually a fan of colorful schemes on TPS jets, but this one grabbed my attention.  I think because it's more reminiscent of nose art, than adding a bunch of color like on CAG & wing commander aircraft.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, helios16v said:

Yes, yes it is.  :heart:

It's the Hasegawa 2 pack (https://www.scalemates.com/kits/hasegawa-02172-f-16a-adf-mlu-fighting-falcon--958292) that I nabbed on sale a while back.  Kinda funny, because I'm not usually a fan of colorful schemes on TPS jets, but this one grabbed my attention.  I think because it's more reminiscent of nose art, than adding a bunch of color like on CAG & wing commander aircraft.

Oh yes! Seen a few photos of the many tail-art schemes celebrating Diana The Huntress on jets over the years but these two are new to me. Good choice :wub:

On 03/03/2020 at 17:03, Rabbit Leader said:

I’m in V.P. These multi nation GB’s are lots of fun and are a good break from building subjects that one would describe as the ‘norm’. Just checking, would the NEIAF be acceptable here too? 

Cheers.. Dave 

Dave, I think that was an integral part of the Dutch armed forces and no-one would object us allowing these subjects in the GB. I wonder if the Belgians had something similar in the Africa? In case there was other such "subsidiaries" they would be all included. Oh, and not just the air forces; this should be open for all subjects, sea-land-air. V-P 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now...does Luxembourg have an air force?  

Obviously pre-ECSC/EEC BeNeLux is alright, right?  

Found this...

Piper Super Cub from Luxembourg.  

49620382958_2352f98089_c_d.jpg

Edited by John D.C. Masters
  • Like 2

All NATO AWACS planes (see my pic of one in post #7) are registered to the Luxembourg AF. They have one Airbus A400M Atlas on order, to be stationed in Belgium and operated as a part of a bi-national fleet. Delivery is expected in 2020 so maybe the Revell kit could be built as the one in 2021 :thumbsup:. V-P

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Now...does Luxembourg have an air force?  

Obviously pre-ECSC/EEC BeNeLux is alright, right?

Found this...

Piper Super Cub from Luxembourg.  

49620382958_2352f98089_c_d.jpg

That's a cool find John :) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Col. said:

That's a cool find John

One of three aircraft the Luxembourgers use(d)...the others are an Airbus Atlas and an Airbus H145 helicopter.  Probably difficult to not fly into Belgian/French/German airspace.  The wiki article on their armed forces reads like the Duchy of Grand Fenwick--no offence to all my Luxembourger friends!  That being said, I might have to concoct a What If aircraft just for kicks for Grand Fenwick.  I mean, they didn't have an aircraft anyway and...well, Grand Fenwick doesn't really exist...

49621736271_42ef86aa60_w_d.jpg        49621221373_b892070d47_w_d.jpg

Perhaps an old Farman or something...Bleriot XI maybe...😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

John, is the Grand Fenwick inhabited by some celtic tribe? "Aye! Nay!" I loved that :rofl:

Edit: Or is that a free-lance model railroad, perhaps? NO, see...

Edit 2: You learn something new every day! I gotta get a closer look at that tale 🙂

10 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

😉  I have an email into a source to see if I can get some decals...

...and I have "The mouse that roared" (the movie) on its way 🙂

Thanks for the tip, John! Maybe we should try to revive @Bonhoff's "Literary" GB proposal, let me see...

• 2 months later...

Count me in, be a good excuse to try a Revell Leopard 2 or GTK Boxer. They both come in specific Dutch versions. Plus a colourful Belgian wingy thing if there's time left - a Meteor, Hunter or maybe even a Hurricane.

Andy

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

hmmmm, I might join with the flying meat chopper known as Fokker XIII. I think dutch markings are the only ones available for that one...I don't see it build otherwise, some short shot parts will need to be scratched or repaired though.

Rob

• Like 1