BeNeLux GB - and we're off to the bunfight!

vppelt68

I think België/Belgique, Nederland and Lëtzebuerg could be next interesting multi-nation GB- subject. Any other takers, of course @Arniec and @Erwin. V-P

1) vppelt68

2) Corsairfoxfouruncle

3) Erwin

4) zebra

5) Arniec

6) JOCKNEY

7) franky boy

8. Silenoz

9) CliffB

10) Hockeyboy76

11) Shashman

12) Col.

13) Wez

14) helios16v

15) John D.C. Masters

16) Rabbit Leader

17) Heather Kay

18) Jinxman

19) Foxbat

20) Ted

21) CYA

22) alt-92

23) Andwil

24) stevehnz

25) TonyOD

26) Chrisj2003

27) Jb65rams

28) reini

29) JeroenS

30) Anatol Pigwa.

A splendid rise in the last few days :thumbsup:

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Yes please!

This will be my first group build and having a couple of Belgian kits (and currently working on a Belgian Spitfire XIV) this would be a great way to start 😃

I'll be making either an F-16 (with Syhart 350sqn 75th Anniversary decals) or F-104G... or both?!

I was born in Brussels and lived there 19 years so Belgium will always be my spiritual home 🇧🇪

Edited by Shashman
  • Like 2

I could be up for this one.  Leading candidates are either a Dutch F-16A MLU (Diana) or a Belgian Mirage 5.

I know, I know.  Falcons & Mirages...how original.  :lol:

Edited by helios16v
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, helios16v said:

I could be up for this one.  Leading candidates are either a Dutch F-16A MLU (Diana) or a Belgian Mirage 5.

I'm voting for the Mirage 5! :D 

11 hours ago, helios16v said:

Depending on how I get on with the Starfighter and that cool but challenging camo scheme, I'd love to do a Mirage 5, but not sure which one to buy?

By the way, what are the criteria for this group build to go ahead, and if so, when will it be active? Sorry, I've just joined and have only just discovered the concept of group builds 

Edited by Shashman

5 hours ago, Shashman said:

Depending on how I get on with the Starfighter and that cool but challenging camo scheme, I'd love to do a Mirage 5, but not sure which one to buy?

By the way, what are the criteria for this group build to go ahead, and if so, when will it be active? Sorry, I've just joined and have only just discovered the concept of group builds 

First off, welcome to GBs @Shashman.  I suspect you'll enjoy it around here, regardless of you're ability to complete projects in the allotted time...such as yours truly.  :whistle:

Step 1 - Topic is proposed and has to gain 30 interested parties (25 for STGBs - single type group builds), this is not necessarily a commitment to build, just checking for interest that one would like to build should schedules align.  In general the proposer of the subject becomes the GB Host if it gets all the way through.

Step 2 - After prerequisite interest has been garnered, our fearful leader @Enzo Matrix will tag the GB for entry into the November Bun (or is it Bum?) fight. 

Step 3 - The vote.  Members get 7 votes to scatter across the various proposed GBs.  The top 7 (this year anyways) make it through the bun fight.  First time losers get a pass to the ballot for next year, 2nd timers have to restart the process.  STGBs are automatically added to the back of the STGB que (can be over a year).

Step 4 - GB leaders & Enzo make secret backroom deals to secure dates on the calendar.

Step 5 - Enzo publishes the annual Holy Grail for all to see.

Step 6 - Load up your spreadsheet to plan out your year, required kits, and resin/decal wishlist.  This is the most important part.  ;)

Now I'm off to verify the numbers I've just posted aren't complete lies.  :whistle:

Edited by helios16v
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I’m in V.P. These multi nation GB’s are lots of fun and are a good break from building subjects that one would describe as the ‘norm’. Just checking, would the NEIAF be acceptable here too? 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, helios16v said:

But hottie on the tail.....

Oh? Would that be Diana by any chance? :wub:

Also, if you're looking for a co-mod, I'll play :) 

Edited by Col.

51 minutes ago, helios16v said:

First off, welcome to GBs @Shashman.  I suspect you'll enjoy it around here, regardless of you're ability to complete projects in the allotted time...such as yours truly.  :whistle:

Step 1 - Topic is proposed and has to gain 30 interested parties (25 for STGBs - single type group builds), this is not necessarily a commitment to build, just checking for interest that one would like to build should schedules align.  In general the proposer of the subject becomes the GB Host if it gets all the way through.

Step 2 - After prerequisite interest has been garnered, our fearful leader @Enzo Matrix will tag the GB for entry into the November Bun (or is it Bum?) fight. 

Step 3 - The vote.  Members get 7 votes to scatter across the various proposed GBs.  The top 7 (this year anyways) make it through the bun fight.  First time losers get a pass to the ballot for next year, 2nd timers have to restart the process.  STGBs are automatically added to the back of the STGB que (can be over a year).

Step 4 - GB leaders & Enzo make secret backroom deals to secure dates on the calendar.

Step 5 - Enzo publishes the annual Holy Grail for all to see.

Step 6 - Load up your spreadsheet to plan out your year, required kits, and resin/decal wishlist.  This is the most important part.  ;)

Now I'm off to verify the numbers I've just posted aren't complete lies.  :whistle:

Thank you for the kind welcome!

...blimey, that process gave me a minor headache, and I work in insurance! 😐 😂

• Haha 3