This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Romeo Alpha Yankee

Ilmavoimat Fokker F27-400M, FF-3

Placeholder for my build, yet to decide on the Esci or Airfix kits for the build.

23026195054_e6c3ed29fe_b.jpg

Bit small for you Ray, compared with all your other large projects multiple C130s etc. Is it 1/32 scale ? 😉

cheers Pat 

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Bit small for you Ray, compared with all your other large projects multiple C130s etc. Is it 1/32 scale ? 😉

cheers Pat 

Certainly is Pat, but it is the biggest aircraft in the Ilmavoimat fleet I could find (or was). I don't do 1/32! :D

Now if they had replaced their F-27s with A400Ms I would have been more happy!  Hmmm, I think a What If is in order!

welcome aboard Ray and what an interesting choice, I don't think we'll see many of these in the build.

I don't know about Pat and his 1/32nd, but even in 1/72nd this will be a fairly large model, but will look great.

Then once you've done that one you could do it's replacement, the CASA C-295. I've even found the right model for you as well. :D

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/broplan-ms-113-eads-casa-c-295m--204824

anyway, good luck with the build, look forward to following the progress.

Great to see a F-27 being built and those Finnish colours do suit this classic bird big time. Will look forward to seeing which kit you end up building, although I’ve read that Esci’s effort may not be the most accurate - not that I’d know in what way?

Cheers and all the best.. Dave 

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

welcome aboard Ray and what an interesting choice, I don't think we'll see many of these in the build.

I don't know about Pat and his 1/32nd, but even in 1/72nd this will be a fairly large model, but will look great.

Then once you've done that one you could do it's replacement, the CASA C-295. I've even found the right model for you as well. :D

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/broplan-ms-113-eads-casa-c-295m--204824

anyway, good luck with the build, look forward to following the progress.

Thanks Rich, you are so kind with your recommendations, I have a couple of Broplan kits in the stash and know what I would be up against. I would like to get a C-295 kit one day though. A Turkish company (name escapes me at the moment) has the C-295 on the to do list as an injected kit one day.

17 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Great to see a F-27 being built and those Finnish colours do suit this classic bird big time. Will look forward to seeing which kit you end up building, although I’ve read that Esci’s effort may not be the most accurate - not that I’d know in what way?

Cheers and all the best.. Dave 

Yes Dave, the Esci kit has a lot of issues, engine nacelle location and rear fuselage to name the glaring ones. It is the only one that comes with the large cargo doors for the Troopship. I will see how I go. Airfix could win in the end.

Scratchaeronautics? they seem to have a large range according to Scalemates

2 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Scratchaeronautics? they seem to have a large range according to Scalemates

I was thinking of TanModel, bottom of the future projects page.

ScratchAeronautics are resin.

3 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

ScratchAeronautics are resin.

even better!!! :D