Questions about OKB Grigorov's Upholder

Procopius

A coworker of mine recently married a submariner in the Royal Canadian Navy, and very kindly gave me a pair of his dolphins. I understand there's a resin kit by OKB Grigorov of the Upholders (her husband is on HMCS Windsor), and I wondered if anyone could advise me of how difficult it was to build, or if there are any special tips for making a sub, as I thought it might be kind of a neat wedding present for them.

• Like 1

Hi Mr P.

I haven't built 'Upholder' myself but I have built 3-4 British Subs from OKB 1/700 range. They were a few years ago now as I have shifted from 1/700 to 1/350 for subs but as far as I can remember, they are a kit of few parts; the full hull, the sail, masts, possibly the planes, PE prop and bits and small decals. Went together with no problems but obviously you need to follow precautions during clean up of the resin but you know that. Their is not much to improve on, maybe replace the masts with less delicate scratch metal options. 

Stuart

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi as Courageous has said, there are not many parts, When i built mine it consisted of, 1 PE propeller, main hull and sail in total. When built it is 100mm (4") long. there are no masts, easy to remedy with fuse wire.

All the best Chris

• Thanks 1