Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire man

Humbrol paints

Recommended Posts

Just saw this on the efezone web page...........

New Humbrol Acrylic Paint Dropper Bottles

Humbrol has announced that it is to introduce a new range of paint in Dropper Bottles, around 80 Acrylic colours from the existing range will be available in this new form. The existing pot versions will also continue to be available.


The dropper bottles are expected to be available from April and each 14ml bottle has an RRP of £1.79.
This new range will be officially launched at the London Toy Fair later this month, and has been added after many requests from modelers & crafters according to Humbrol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are these going to be pre-thinned for airbrush use? Can't see any other point for putting the paint in dropper bottles. Clever Humbrol - pay the same for a lot less actual paint.

 

Sigh :( I'd be much happier if they went back to the good old days and reintroduced the enamal authentic range ... that was good paint! Until very recently I was  still using a couple of tins of more obscure colours which worksed fine despite being some 30 years old!

 

Cheers

 

Colin

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ckw said:

I'd be much happier if they went back to the good old days and reintroduced the enamal authentic range ... that was good paint! Until very recently I was  still using a couple of tins of more obscure colours which worksed fine despite being some 30 years old!

Keep an eye on eBay. Old Humbrol authentics often pop up on there. I've collected a pretty big stash from there, including the authentic box sets they used to do. Great paints. I've also collected Gloy, Compucolour and DBI paints there too. Can't beat those old formulas!

 

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ckw said:

Are these going to be pre-thinned for airbrush use? Can't see any other point for putting the paint in dropper bottles. Clever Humbrol - pay the same for a lot less actual paint.

Can't see any mention of these paint being thinned. Looks like it the same acrylic paints in Vallejo-style dropper bottles. Which one will have to admit are practical in use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Current Humbrol enamels are so unreliable that I'll stay clear of the entire brand... which is a shame as the old paints were wonderful. That is, after the build I work on now is done... in Humbrol

Edited by foeth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I spotted a couple of Authentic Colours naval boxed sets newly listed on eBay a couple of days ago.

 

The detail in those rotating photos is staggering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Droppers mean paint doesn’t dry out but the grainy finish of their paints is offputting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 4:54 AM, Wince said:

Droppers mean paint doesn’t dry out but the grainy finish of their paints is offputting

To be fair, the Humbrol acrylic paint in the new 18 ml bottles is not grainy. Those in the smaller, round bottles was grainy rubbish. you just have to make sure it is the new stuff you are getting, which means asking for it if you buy online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Droppers are good for brush painting too, lets you go straight onto a pallet without a messy pour or leaving half of it on the stirring stick.

 

I've had no issue with the newer style humbrol acrylics, just the older pots seem variable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sapperastro said:

To be fair, the Humbrol acrylic paint in the new 18 ml bottles is not grainy. Those in the smaller, round bottles was grainy rubbish. you just have to make sure it is the new stuff you are getting, which means asking for it if you buy online.

I’ve noticed that the grain does level out though after drying on some paints

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...