Humbrol paints

Yorkshire man

Just saw this on the efezone web page...........

New Humbrol Acrylic Paint Dropper Bottles

Humbrol has announced that it is to introduce a new range of paint in Dropper Bottles, around 80 Acrylic colours from the existing range will be available in this new form. The existing pot versions will also continue to be available.

The dropper bottles are expected to be available from April and each 14ml bottle has an RRP of £1.79.
This new range will be officially launched at the London Toy Fair later this month, and has been added after many requests from modelers & crafters according to Humbrol.

• Like 1

Are these going to be pre-thinned for airbrush use? Can't see any other point for putting the paint in dropper bottles. Clever Humbrol - pay the same for a lot less actual paint.

Sigh :( I'd be much happier if they went back to the good old days and reintroduced the enamal authentic range ... that was good paint! Until very recently I was  still using a couple of tins of more obscure colours which worksed fine despite being some 30 years old!

Cheers

Colin

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, ckw said:

I'd be much happier if they went back to the good old days and reintroduced the enamal authentic range ... that was good paint! Until very recently I was  still using a couple of tins of more obscure colours which worksed fine despite being some 30 years old!

Keep an eye on eBay. Old Humbrol authentics often pop up on there. I've collected a pretty big stash from there, including the authentic box sets they used to do. Great paints. I've also collected Gloy, Compucolour and DBI paints there too. Can't beat those old formulas!

Steve

5 hours ago, ckw said:

Are these going to be pre-thinned for airbrush use? Can't see any other point for putting the paint in dropper bottles. Clever Humbrol - pay the same for a lot less actual paint.

Can't see any mention of these paint being thinned. Looks like it the same acrylic paints in Vallejo-style dropper bottles. Which one will have to admit are practical in use.

Current Humbrol enamels are so unreliable that I'll stay clear of the entire brand... which is a shame as the old paints were wonderful. That is, after the build I work on now is done... in Humbrol

Edited by foeth
  • Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 4:54 AM, Wince said:

Droppers mean paint doesn’t dry out but the grainy finish of their paints is offputting

To be fair, the Humbrol acrylic paint in the new 18 ml bottles is not grainy. Those in the smaller, round bottles was grainy rubbish. you just have to make sure it is the new stuff you are getting, which means asking for it if you buy online.

Droppers are good for brush painting too, lets you go straight onto a pallet without a messy pour or leaving half of it on the stirring stick.

I've had no issue with the newer style humbrol acrylics, just the older pots seem variable.

1 hour ago, sapperastro said:

To be fair, the Humbrol acrylic paint in the new 18 ml bottles is not grainy. Those in the smaller, round bottles was grainy rubbish. you just have to make sure it is the new stuff you are getting, which means asking for it if you buy online.

I’ve noticed that the grain does level out though after drying on some paints