Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
stevej60

Heller 1/72 Stuka.

Recommended Posts

Evening folk's.Glad to report I was the only bid on this kit and secured it tonight so should arrive at the weekend.The seller had a photo of the contents

as new in the box,good decals and a decent looking three part canopy.

thQZ64SHEL

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice buy! Is this a vintage kit? I loved the heller kits back in the 90s. Loved their 109e . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Wince said:

Nice buy! Is this a vintage kit? I loved the heller kits back in the 90s. Loved their 109e . 

Hi Wince,yes a later boxing with the same artwork I think 1980's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be keeping an eye on this.  :popcorn:  I'm hoping to build the same kit in the Heller GB later this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I'll be keeping an eye on this.  :popcorn:  I'm hoping to build the same kit in the Heller GB later this year. 

Thank's Enzo, should arrive tomorrow I've never seen the Heller kit should be a good inspiration for the GB to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning folk's,kit arrived and as expected as good as it got in 1979 when first released,no flash,nicely done riveting and a lovely canopy typical

of later Heller releases.

IMG-20200116-WA0000

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to see the Heller kit in the mix Steve. Back in the seventies, Heller kits were top notch and still aren't bad at all!

 

Enjoy your build

Cheers, Peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/01/2020 at 11:59, stevej60 said:

Morning folk's,kit arrived and as expected as good as it got in 1979 when first released,no flash,nicely done riveting and a lovely canopy typical

of later Heller releases.

IMG-20200116-WA0000

 

 

Steve,

 

It looks good from here, any chance of a closer shot to show the surface detail?

 

I always wanted one of these but I never found one back in my youth!

 

I shall be keeping an eye on this build.

On 16/01/2020 at 12:02, Basilisk said:

Great to see the Heller kit in the mix Steve. Back in the seventies, Heller kits were top notch and still aren't bad at all!

 

Enjoy your build

Cheers, Peter

 

Peter,

 

Too true, if only there was a dedicated Classic Heller GB to celebrate these wonderful kits...   ...oh hang on! :doh:

On 15/01/2020 at 19:17, Enzo Matrix said:

I'll be keeping an eye on this.  :popcorn:  I'm hoping to build the same kit in the Heller GB later this year. 

 

Good man!  That's the sort of thing we like to hear!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wez said:

It looks good from here, any chance of a closer shot to show the surface detail?

Will do Wez,I've just been commenting over on my Airfix build this kit is identical in scheme so another identity needs to be found.The surface detail

is very similar between the kits but there is a noticeable difference in size the Heller kit is almost a centimetre shorter and the tail much smaller all

round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stevej60 said:

Will do Wez,I've just been commenting over on my Airfix build this kit is identical in scheme so another identity needs to be found.The surface detail

is very similar between the kits but there is a noticeable difference in size the Heller kit is almost a centimetre shorter and the tail much smaller all

round.

Mmm, I wonder which is correct?

 

Regarding the single green colour scheme, I think that's an error, it should be RLM 70/71, two different greens.  It's a bit hard to differentiate between the two in some photos though.

 

I know it doesn't offer much variation though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Will do Wez,I've just been commenting over on my Airfix build this kit is identical in scheme so another identity needs to be found.The surface detail

is very similar between the kits but there is a noticeable difference in size the Heller kit is almost a centimetre shorter and the tail much smaller all

round.

Beware @stevej60you are likely to rouse the rivit counters with scale rules and dividers !

Good luck with this on

 

cheers Pat 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Steve,

 

this looks good, although trust the French: they advertise a B-1 and both the box art work and the contents are for a B-2! Sneaky so and so, they are! Or the chap who was charged to write the legend on the box had just graduated from university... Learning how to count comes much later in life!

Have fun with it!

 

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a suspicion when this kit came out that it was 1/75th scale rather than 1/72. I think Brian Phillpot commented on it in Airfix Magazine in the middle 1970s.

The original boxings may even have been marked as such but I don't think I've seen an earlier one than this. 

John 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi folk's decided to waste no more time on this one,not the best as far as older stuka kits are concerned the fit of certain parts is vague but it's

under size is the most annoying thing,the Airfix build is coming along nicely  

Edited by stevej60

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some kits are just better binned. The fact that they might be old don't make them any better. V-P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

Some kits are just better binned. The fact that they might be old don't make them any better. V-P

My sentiments  too V-P can't build them all!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 5:55 PM, John said:

There was a suspicion when this kit came out that it was 1/75th scale rather than 1/72. I think Brian Phillpot commented on it in Airfix Magazine in the middle 1970s.

The original boxings may even have been marked as such but I don't think I've seen an earlier one than this. 

John 

This is why I (reluctantly) parted company with my Heller Ju 87 a few months ago*. I have several unbuilt Ju 87B kits in the stash, and I know I'll probably never build them all. It is strange that Heller made such a mistake with an aircraft whose exact dimensions are well-known, but these things happen. C'est la vie (accompanied by Gallic shrug of indifference)

 

*As did someone else at about the same time, who traded theirs in to the same hobby shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure it was a mistake. 1/75th scale was not unknown at the time, in fact I'm sure some early Tamiya aircraft kits came in at 1/75th. 

I suppose it was the metric 1/72, but it didn't prosper to anything like the same extent. 

John 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2020 at 11:18 PM, stevej60 said:

Hi folk's decided to waste no more time on this one,not the best as far as older stuka kits are concerned the fit of certain parts is vague but it's

under size is the most annoying thing,the Airfix build is coming along nicely  

Looks like the right decision as it is not much point to soldier on without enjoying the task at hand.

Cheers, Peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...