Is it a boat? Is it a plane? Is it a snowmobile? Yes on all accounts!

Torbjorn

Hole punch, yes!

Control wires are one, thinner than the rest so it can barely be seen. Skis are on, and *almost* all wires. Which is fortunate because I’m struggling to find handholds.

TTv1Lhn.jpg

The propeller is painted but I will leave it for a few days to give the gloss varnish time to fully cure. I think I’ll spray the whole thing with some varnish to protect it in the meantime.

The wee prop boss fret on the other hand has vanished. 

Edited by Torbjorn
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, Col. said:

This one is looking stunning but can understand why you're running out of hand-holds!

....plus I keep forgetting what scale it is as well! 

I go into a panic-frustration attack just thinking about building that! 

Hat's off to an amazing feat of modelling!

• 2 weeks later...

She’s finished - almost. In the last minute I decided to add some wash to pop the details on the prop boss.

The wash is currently drying:

zfqnNZI.jpg

The eagle-eyed may notice that the propeller is different from the one she has now in the museum. I based my propeller on old pictures, showing tapered tips and protected by a sheet of unknown material.

Pictures in the gallery to follow.

Edited by Torbjorn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

wow what an amazing achievement!! :thumbsup:

She is one impressive looking model and an equally impressive build! To attempt a scratch build like this for a GB is an impressive feat and the finish equals it, well done.

It was a huge pleasure to have you along and to follow this build, I do hope you enjoyed it.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys for following along, and I did enjoy it. The more social GB setting with a time limit is a good motivator to speed it up I’ve noticed, and it certainly makes it even more enjoyable! 

• Thanks 1

Thanks again for the compliments. I have to admit I got a bit hooked, I’m now looking for an excuse to build something with even more sticks and strings.

Also a belated :thanks: to the hosts!

Wow that has come out brilliantly. I thought this was a very ambitious project when you started but what a superb result.

Excellent piece of work. 

Colin 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

AaCee, Colin, 

Thank you!

And thanks also for the link - I did not have a pdf version previously. I’ll take the opportunity to recommend it again for those who hasn’t encountered it before.