H builds QinetiQ’s borrowed Gripen FINISHED

Hockeyboy76

1 hour ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Ooooo a teaser of a placeholder. Details to follow. 

I’m sure there’s a corny joke in there somewhere?  So with H now onboard as well, this GB has taken yet another twist. May we all survive the experience! 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I’m sure there’s a corny joke in there somewhere?  So with H now onboard as well, this GB has taken yet another twist. May we all survive the experience! 
Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks Dave, anyone would think it’s personal, especially with @JOCKNEY lurking about :cheers:

14 hours ago, trickyrich said:

@Rabbit Leader I was going to say something similar, that he was going to build on his list of bad jokes!

I have no idea what your on about :lalala:

:crap:

An amoeba named Max and his brother

Were sharing a drink with each other;

In the midst of their quaffing,

They split themselves laughing,

And each of them now is a mother.

• Haha 6

Nice choice H and I’ve just ordered one of these twin tub Gripens myself. If I can sneak out later today I’ll also pick up a single seater from the LHS. 

Cheers and best of luck.. Dave 

• Confused 1

Well I do have a slightly tenuous link to this, having been based at Boscombe Down in the hanger next to the where the Test Pilots kept the 146. 

Been cracking on and just realised I should really add some pictures 

As you can see, filler is needed. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Well I do have a slightly tenuous link to this, having been based at Boscombe Down in the hanger next to the where the Test Pilots kept the 146...

As you can see, filler is needed. 

Always good to witness a personal connection to the subject. No matter how tenuous :) 

Also looks as if you've got the filler requirement covered just grand :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, exdraken said:

any updates?

I like this scheme!

It’s primed ready to paint. Will get some pics up when I get back to the bench. 

• Like 3

Look 👀 progress

First coat of Hum 15, on the tail. Thought I would get that all done before starting on the .......... grey. Any body remember spitting image? John Major was so boooooooring they did him all grey!

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

• 4 weeks later...

After receiving such a brutal dig in the ribs from @Dave Swindell, it’s time to prove him so very wrong :giggle:

“Stalled build” my bottom. He obviously hasn’t followed a @trickyrich build 😂

I was just letting the paint dry, so long infact I slipped to page 4! It is Humbrol paint after all. Anyone who’s been in a BlitzBuild knows where I’m coming from. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, nimrod54 said:

:snail: Good to see this one on the go again buddy. :snail: :winkgrin:

Reminds me of a joke about a pregnant woman who had a craving for snails. 

Her husband went out to buy her a bag of snails, and stops off at the pub on the way home. 

Hours later and very much the worse for wear, he stumbles up the driveway, falls over and drops the snails. 

His wife, less than impressed, opens the door and yells, “Where have you been all this time?”

He stands over the snails, ushering them in her direction saying “ come on lads, almost there!”

• Haha 6