Academy 1/72 P-47D Thunderbolt

Back to work tomorrow so rather than rush this through to the finish I'll carefully pack it away to finish next leave.

Time to clear the bench and sort out what I'm taking back to sea with me.

I could do without this kind of help though....

received-477248393223641.jpg

received-2748521768592557.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

You got to love 'puppies' always willing to help.  We have 2 'Bull Arabs' , Billy and Mandy 50 and 40 kilos.  Billy thinks he is still a baby, he likes to sit on my lap.  We have to re-build our bed every night because the little darlings love to rumble on it.  Tonight is no exception.

Very lovely Thunderbolt.  It has come together very nicely, Roger.

Stephen

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, StephenCJ said:

You got to love 'puppies' always willing to help.  We have 2 'Bull Arabs' , Billy and Mandy 50 and 40 kilos.  Billy thinks he is still a baby, he likes to sit on my lap.  We have to re-build our bed every night because the little darlings love to rumble on it.  Tonight is no exception.

Very lovely Thunderbolt.  It has come together very nicely, Roger.

Stephen

Thanks very much Stephen. I thought I might manage a sneaky few minutes on the Jug this morning but Grace is bringing me toys to play with, maybe later. 😄

12 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

In a moment of panic I wondered how I'd been missing this for the past month, till I realised you'd been awol. It's looking good Roger, the decals seem to have gone on well.

Steve.

Thanks Steve. The decals don't look too bad viewed from a distance, New Zealand is just about far enough. 😁

Roger. 

Edited by Roger Newsome
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Roger Newsome said:

The decals don't look too bad viewed from a distance

I was actually trying to see them close up too. I've the same boxing & was trying to see what the one on the starboard side of the engine cowl was & even at point blank range it was indistinct, so, after some rummaging around in the googlesphere, I came up with this, the unit badge of the 527th Fighter Squadron. Unit history here.  I can feel another box of these coming on, it is a good looking scheme.

Steve. 

Edited by stevehnz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I was actually trying to see them close up too. I've the same boxing & was trying to see what the one on the starboard side of the engine cowl was & even at point blank range it was indistinct, so, after some rummaging around in the googlesphere, I came up with this, the unit badge of the 527th Fighter Squadron. Unit history here.  I can feel another box of these coming on, it is a good looking scheme.

Steve. 

9 hours ago, alt-92 said:

Nice find! I might have a try getting one, as that is the Bentwaters' 527th predecessor and would match up with the F-16C in Agressor markings.

The markings are 527th Fighter Sqn. 86th Fighter Group, Pisa, Italy, 1944.

Anyone doing this version I would suggest going to the extra effort and painting the red and white stripes on the tail and stabilisers.

• Like 2