1/35 Tamiya Hanomag 251/1

Hi all! I've gotten back into the hobby as an adult in my late 20's. Built this guy up as my second armour model completed. Old, I know... but I enjoyed it! I have some experience as a miniatures painter but I will say... the internet is a great resource! I'm really enjoying working with oils and the weathering process.

Representing a vehicle of the 24th Panzer, summer 1942 before the division was basically destroyed at Stalingrad.

Thanks for looking! Critiques are welcome!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Lizardman743
  • Like 12

Welcome back the hobby.  I'm back again after another 5 year break.

Those old Tamiya kits are classics, so many of them build into great models.  Modern kits might be more detailed and the like, but that often comes at the cost of massively increased parts count and being generally much more "fiddly".

Nice work

10 hours ago, Nev said:

Welcome back the hobby.  I'm back again after another 5 year break.

Those old Tamiya kits are classics, so many of them build into great models.  Modern kits might be more detailed and the like, but that often comes at the cost of massively increased parts count and being generally much more "fiddly".

Nice work

Yep. Nothing wrong with this one! There's a modern Tamiya Matilda on the bench right now and... well it is a treat in comparison, but yes. More of a process. Albeit a pleasant one!