Panther Question.

diases

Hi Guys.

I have a question, and hope that the brains here can help.

I'm planning a panther build, and interested in having a stripped down hull. The plan is for a field maintenance type scene, 

Anyone know the minimum amount of road wheels that could be used the move a panther hull. Or if a trolley of some sort could be used. 

It could be a case of just dragging the wheel-less hull with some sort of winch equipped vehicle, but not certain.

Any help gratefully accepted.

Paul

Question, if the Panther is already at a maintenance point, why would it require further moving? 

As far as worn rubber goes,  I have read the outer wheels and the rear set always wore out faster.  The lifespan of the remaining rubbers I'm unsure.

Couple more photos:

8b9439ed4c4c277240b492060569eb97.jpg

16f51219f3c8a2ca8dfb05ef16857672.jpg

Hi guys, thanks for the responses.

The build idea is for a panther that's had anything useful (engine, transmission, turret, etc) removed.  From what I've read, spares were in short supply, so a backlog of repairs to various vehicles would occur.

I'm guessing that some tanks (the most damaged/broken) would be stripped right down to gain spare parts, allowing multiple others to return to the front.

Eventually, if I'm thinking correctly, you would have a lump of armour left, which would be stored until replacement parts arrived, or scrapped.

19 hours ago, Bozothenutter said:

I think the outer row could be removed, Google strabokran  it might throw up some pics of service area's. 

Big plans for a interior kit?

It's going to be quite large when (if) finished

Funnily enough, the strabokran is part of the scene, and is going to have a turret hanging from it.

Interior kit's, Ausf D and Bergpanther from Takom. The early/mid kit is going to be the stripped down hull.

I have the Ausf D late for a complete vehicle, as I love zimm.

Dunno if Bergs going to be removing kit from hull, or towing it at the moment.

I found this chaps flickr very useful, lots of images for many vehicles:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130556552@N02/albums

It's going to take a while to complete, but hopefully I can do it.

Cheers 

Paul

• Like 1

Sounds ambitious, and ideally it would be nice to have photo proof of what you have planned - but only if historical accuracy is of importance. 

The other thing to rely on is logic,  I mean this donor Panther that has been 'cannibalized', there must be an indication of why it found it's way to the maintenance facility - perhaps a damaged hull?  Otherwise, you have a perfectly healthy tank that has been picked apart.

regards,

Jack