Airfix 1:600 Queen Mary 2

I've stumbled across an Airfix Queen Mary 2 (12250) in 1:600 at a bric-a-brac shop for £38 but I cant find anything out about the kit other than the Scalemates listing and a positive review on the Dutch IPMS site

EvilBay has one listed for £85 so it looks a decent enough buy at first glance, but I would buy this to build, so I am more interested if anyone has already completed, and if so, is it a decent moulding or an absolute pig, not to mention, is it at a decent price point?

Thanks folks

I've not got the kit myself but did a little digging a while back when considering it and the reviews that I could find (in German, Dutch and French but that's where Google Translate can help) were generally positive. £38 seems ok when compared to the £85 you suggested for the EB listing. In fact the latter seems a stretch given that Revell have just issued their 1/400 whopper in the Platinum Edition (complete with PE, brass and wooden deck) and which can be had for a little over £100. 

• Like 1

It does indeed seem a stretch as you say, there are a couple of Heller ones i've seen online which look like a re-boxing and they are going for about £50 or £60 which seems more accurate going on the box size to £ ratio

Looks like a return trip is on the cards to check its all sealed 🤨