*done* Finland - American naval fighter pt. 1

vppelt68

I'll give you an A "PLUS" for trying... But the jury is still out on this one.

2019-12-25_02-06-10

Look what my Mrs. bought me this Christmas - she was given a proper hint, though 🎅. Please disregard the MT:s in this picture, they are waiting for the Interceptor GB and the Me 109 STGB (#3?) - yikes, is there anything happening here without @Col. !?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

ok, I had originally thought you may have gone for an F/A-18?

2 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

- yikes, is there anything happening here without @Col. !?

yes he does get around!!!

we may have to keep him inside at night, though we tried tying him up but he enjoyed it too much!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

...we may have to keep him inside at night, though we tried tying him up but he enjoyed it too much!

It was your shiny leather suit and mask that did it for me Rich :wub:

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, trickyrich said:

ok, I had originally thought you may have gone for an F/A-18?

Actually, now that I think about it, I think you are right.

IIRC didn't V.P' report that his son has been posted somewhere to remote Lapland to service Finnish Hornets? If so, that would be a lovely tribute build. 

Cheers.. Dave  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

...but this one is the Brewster :coolio:. I got to my workbench today and took a look at the F-16:s. "Later", I heard me saying to myself. "Now we need something propeller driven, right?". Clear the bench, check the stash; out as a winner comes this little one.

2020-01-26_12-02-29

That was at noon. 35 minutes later...

2020-01-26_12-37-59

...I was dry fitting the fuselage halves and cowling together. Wings, stabilizers, fuselage rear extensions (?), cowling and some cockpit pieces were already assembled.

2020-01-26_07-47-31

As I'm waiting for the instrument panel paint to dry, so I can add the decal, I thought it would be a convenient time to write something here. When that decal is set, I'll assemble the fuselage, maybe yet tonight. The cockpit floor and landing gear bay in the wings have a black and tan watercolour wash. These planes were flown from sand airfields and they accumulated a lot of sand, everywhere. A good reason for the pilot to use goggles as in doing a roll that sand was all airborne... V-P

• Like 12

Great start V.P. For some reason I’ve always looked past this Hasegawa Buffalo kit, although it doss look quite good and obviously goes together with ease. Watching on to see this come together and judging by the thread title, there must be a Part 2? 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

It's indeed a jolly little kit! I don't care how accurate it is, but for sheer buildability I give her 9+ so far, and I'm really having fun with it.

2020-01-26_10-32-05

The IP decal is there, so...

2020-01-26_11-13-04

...when you have a good downhill, why should you brake? Fuselage is joined, then cowling, roll cage and aerial added to it. Main landing gear is painted and the little radial engine got its base colour which is of course black. Not a bad start, I used maybe three hours with this today :yahoo:

Part 2: Yes, I'm 51 years old and I think it's time to have a Mid Life Update, actually the second one... But that'll be another story! 

• Like 11

It's ok to paint and add bits and pieces...

2020-01-27_07-15-14

...in good order, but...

2020-01-27_08-07-33

...when I noticed I'm brushing green where I should paint yellow, I said to myself "BRAKE"!

Aw when the build is going so well, it's difficult to control the speed and direction!

• Like 7