FAA Heavy Metal ..... and a Lightning for good measure PIC HEAVY

Hello all , 

I've finally got around to posting some of my efforts from the last year ish ....

I wanted to try some unusual kits this year. this was to include etch , resin and a mix of old and new kits so here goes.

Magna Resin Supermarine Scimitar F1.

Straight in at the deep end then , this it was literally all i could find of the type for sale at the time and without paying mega cash for the xtrakit effort i decided to opt for this offering. 

This Kit took me some time and fought me all the way to the end but nevertheless this is it. 

Added P.E from Airwaves. Decals from Model Alliance "Royal Navy Aerobatic Teams"

0SkRqE3r_o.jpg

YquYmcgx_o.jpg

mpVT7lRP_o.jpg

High Planes De Havilland Faw-1

Personally i think this is the most accurate representation of the vixen . the kit provides resin seats , gears and exhausts  . 

Modeldecal Decals, Resin "buddy buddy pack", airwaves external P.E

A tricky short run kit which had its issues but makes a fine example of the type.

Note. Wing fences still to be added.

spacer.png

Sword Gannet AEW3 

For me the gannet has always been an interesting type and with the release of the AEW version i had to have one. 

A fantastic kit buy all accounts . i decided to use the airwaves wingfold set for the frog kit and adapt to the sword one. also a scratch built Ladder.

Otherwise the kit is OOB.

spacer.png

Airfix New Tool Buccaneer S2

This kit was also a must for the FAA line up , I awaited the kit as soon as the prototype was aired. 

I went to town on this kit and retrofitted the neomega cockpit tub for the old kit, also added p.e from airwaves for the wing fold and decals from Xtradecal. 

An S1 conversion will be done on another kit from the whirlybirds conversion.

spacer.png

Finally ... 

Sword Lightning T5, 

Just like the gannet a kit that is fantastic for little money and with some nice P.E and Resin seats. 

Build OOB 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Some FAA doubles ... 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks For Looking !

Regards , Steve 

• Like 49
  • Thanks 1