Kfir C7 - First finish in 2020 (and in quite some time)

As the title notes. I haven't finished a kit in awhile. No excuses really, just too busy for my model therapy🤪

The AMK kit is fantastic, I can't give it enough praises. I meant to make this a quick OOB build, but it was building up so well, I bought the ResKit wheels, Aires bang seat, and ended up using different decals - probably the only gripe with the kit, as they are overly thick, and won't lay down. I ended up using a mix of Kinetic decals (same airframe ironically), Superscale insignia, and a couple stencils I made using my new cricut maker. The cut stencils were the new technique I tried. If you've seen any of my other posts in the last 18-24mo., I try to use something new on each kit. I'm attempting, in my own ham-fisted way, to expand my skills, getting back into modeling after a too long absence.

Enough Rambling, on to the model;

QjehMlyVjtIESO6QrnhLSKj0sR52a8gaSfkikxlf

4qWoA69KyMSwoP-_J1gGm0iCNBQg0FET7zyosWe1

kfiXtG5gr3f8E3olTpFaaAYqwlF3cquB-tO7nAdJ

RdOuSLMzeriIA0AcajXSqp7OIIUQcUN7SYoQE5gS

e1C1MffEwB4VsPKXf-liA3GtATPOwoZECufPvkdL

aMwRbelYPnH5guRerzqGaFw_KE9dj4jr60SOcMd3

dYbkJbq8ixAipiI9ASyn4B9fp4ByWnMK1OLFfiwM

KLxg-uwZplIP71S0pVQNhS5kGlZecLrOvAEL1wUF

xh3q_2kOHgizfnJCoJ7E2_Hi4tLsnuqlkxP-gtkM

vVtDWCrkMrRPSqAU8QrCljlLS66Kz1jUxpXA1Sxc

lGN9HmlngYgm8RFJRilghEm7lGUinOZym0z1hx6e

D7xQvgSFcmOWmt5mx_-l8yYu0fmKckMkBfbGz_Vf

8ZKxAZ8wfSs6EhJxXIkWQq25N52yWyYxOm-N4MEp

JqmRYYpZX8Z5fQPgjmAhjInBZ3Jy4E_UyYFl7M1-

Bd06EY7uyQSTP5kharI9ooso-iqApWLHvskdrcLZ

rTVO-RzXEZ6G6Tg7b95vNJKScGau98vShMmbchII

GWAoEW2QfinYXnSQxZjDsJ1z3XtuKgz16SFa9uKd

cUVZOCmDjIo3h2PGJuRs7A3_E6gZo7SMrvov2IXN

QjehMlyVjtIESO6QrnhLSKj0sR52a8gaSfkikxlf

Hope you enjoy. As always, comments, critiques and questions are always encouraged.

Mark

Edited by markmcguire25
load
  • Like 39

Thanks All,  for the kind words. And I hope everyone can view the pics now.

@F-32, on the first image, it looks like they had to "fix" the tail markings the same way I did, albeit a much larger scale. Once the decal was microsol'd and manipulated for the umpteenth time, I fixed the rest with matching paint. Some of those bumps were impossible to get a decal around (for me at least).

7 minutes ago, Enrywar67 said:

Beautiful model,compliments!The underside color seems too dark.....what color have you used??😉

The underside would seem a bit dark if you're expecting FS35622 Light Blue like on the 'classic" 60s and 70s IDF/AF schemes, but look spot on for a weathered FS36375 like on the later patterns. 

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

Is the bottom NATO black?  Like a USAF F-111?  I've never seen that IDF scheme before.  Fantastic weathering.  Amazing workmanship.  Well done, my man!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the interest. The underside is FS36081, per kit instructions. It looks lighter in person (the paint also appears much flatter than the the photos)

I too, felt it was a bit too dark, but found some images that seemed to confirm the color in the instructions;

fkfir_p_01_l.jpg

As I'm no IDFAF expert, I rolled with it.

8 hours ago, markmcguire25 said:

Thanks for the interest. The underside is FS36081, per kit instructions.

It might have been a one off - the standard undersides of that scheme is FS36375 Light Ghost Gray.

Still looks good though.

Cheers,

Andre

• 2 weeks later...