Special Hobby 1/48 Viggen #finished#

Dansk

That is truly beautiful build! :) The reference pic you posted on your first post has been waiting in my reference material folder for a while now, waiting for the time I get to do a grey Viggen. That's just a great pic for inspiration. And you've truly captured the feel & details of that picture perfectly! :)

One thing that if I may ask - if you get your camera near the Viggen again, take a pic of the underside too! 

• Thanks 1

On 4/3/2020 at 9:40 PM, JeroenS said:

Awesome! I do like a Viggen... yours is amazing.

Thanks Jeroen!

20 hours ago, trickyrich said:

gosh Paul she looks amazing!!!!! :yahoo:

All the time and effort has certainly been worth, I'd be super proud to call this one my own!! You must be chuffed at the results and the finish is superb.

I'm glad you could join us and really hope you enjoyed the build, it was great to follow. Again well done on a superb build.

Cheers Rich, I really enjoyed it and I think you did a super hosting job! Glad I came along for the ride. 🙂

15 hours ago, Colin W said:

Awesome build there and a cracking final result.

Great stuff

Colin

Thanks Colin much appreciated!

13 hours ago, CliffB said:

Superb! :goodjob:

Cheers

🙌👍😊

12 hours ago, Col. said:

A stunning result Paul. Well done! :goodjob:

Thanks Col, Really happy you like it :)

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, reini said:

That is truly beautiful build! :) The reference pic you posted on your first post has been waiting in my reference material folder for a while now, waiting for the time I get to do a grey Viggen. That's just a great pic for inspiration. And you've truly captured the feel & details of that picture perfectly! :)

One thing that if I may ask - if you get your camera near the Viggen again, take a pic of the underside too! 

Thank you reini that's a really nice comment, I'll take a underside shot tomorrow 😉

8 hours ago, exdraken said:

Wow, outstanding!!

Great finish and worthy entry!!

:thumbsup:

Thanks mate, you made me happy :)

8 hours ago, MarkSH said:

A top notch build Paul, displaying some really nice control with the airbrush and great weathering.

Thanks Mark, have been following your great build too. Those wheels you made look brilliant. Mine looked like they had all the refined detail and delicacy of construction after downing 10 espressos. 😳

• Like 2

That sir is one fantastic Viggen!

Great save on the decals Paul, really glad you got them sorted.

You have done a great job of making what could be seen as a boring scheme very interesting with the way you have varied the colours and also with your excellent and very realistic weathering.

Well done mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As above.

I’m trying to decide which aftermarket bits to add to my Esci kit to make it into a reasonable representation of a JA-37. I’m not going to start yet so that hopefully people will forget how good yours and Mark’s are, and resist comparisons.

John

• Haha 3

I just now built an Esci Viggen. Probably the nose cone needs replacing, it's the wrong shape, and the wheels are a bit anaemic, but I used Two Bobs beautiful decal sheet, and it looks pretty good by my standards, if not up to the builds shown above!!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the positive comments above fellas, i appreciate them a lot.
I upgraded the wheels on this kit too, the kit ones where lame too.

John you made me laugh.

😊

• Like 2