Special Hobby 1/48 Viggen #finished#

Dansk

I was just looking to see what i did of the cockpit on mine. I had the maestro PE set and Ejection seat but I found too that it didn't fit. I think it was made for the Airfix/Esci model. I ended up using a CMK one (along with new thrust reversers & air-brakes). The CMK one actually fitted I and think looks much better that the Meastro one.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

I was just looking to see what i did of the cockpit on mine. I had the maestro PE set and Ejection seat but I found too that it didn't fit. I think it was made for the Airfix/Esci model. I ended up using a CMK one (along with new thrust reversers & air-brakes). The CMK one actually fitted I and think looks much better that the Meastro one.

Thanks for the advice Rich. I actually ordered the cmk one but they didnt have it in stock unfortunately. So I think to prevent the budget going into the stratosphere I will try to use the kit seat and the already bought cockpit PE set (with belts etc) to beautify. 

Edited by Dansk

10 hours ago, Dansk said:

seat fashioned by Stevie Wonder

😂😂

10 hours ago, Dansk said:

han solo frozen in carbonite

As you know paul ,Aftermarket doesn't always improve things ,that seems to be the case here 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A start has been undertaken in the usual place,

i’m not toooo bothered on accuracy on this build, (bluer seat belts etc) but I’m gonna have fun. 😊
I still have a few small bits of PE to add here - best to add those fragile bits once the seat and IP are safely glued into position me thinks. (The seat is a dry fit here)

49484296522_4c0b3915e7_b.jpg

49483600208_e2558af78b_b.jpg

49483600193_dbd1ca82a3_b.jpg

I’m a bit scared about this kit after seeing @exdrakens dry fit

• Like 13

Thanks chaps 👍

it will be interesting to see how the other viggen builds progress for stealing the methods inspiration 😁 

on another note: has anyone ordered from moose republic decals?
I ordered and paid 18th january and haven’t recieved my order yet and theres no email contact on their site - only a phone number.

• Like 1

Hi Paul,

May not mean anything, but I bought some of their decs for my Lansen from Hannants a couple of weeks ago - no problems. However I have just looked there for Viggen decs and  both their sets are out of stock, as are quite a few of their other sets whilst stock of the rest is low. May just be a temporary problem hopefully.

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2020 at 7:44 AM, Dansk said:

it will be interesting to see how the other viggen builds progress for stealing the methods inspiration 😁 

isn't that what we all do??? I know I do for sure! :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:
On 2/4/2020 at 4:44 AM, Dansk said:

isn't that what we all do??? I know I do for sure! 

First thing I did for my Viggen build was to print off your thread from last year. 

Colin 

• Haha 1

The cockpit is nearing completion On my viggen, just need to add the hud glass, and soften the new black paint aft of the hud - The angle of the projection unit on the hud is a little off but i’ll live with that, The white glue is not dry on it here but will dry clear and glossy.

49507307402_9829a49be5_h.jpg

49506582433_f6ed0612d8_c.jpg

Jumping ahead a bit (but figured it was easiest to do it before the fuselage is assembled) i popped the airbrakes in position.

The gaps around those airbrakes were huge so i’ve been drowning them in tamiya extra thin. Maybe some ppp will help too.

49507089491_c86b54eec4_c.jpg

Actually looking at itnow in macro i can see the hud is intalled in reverse - i need to fix that 🙄

Edited by Dansk
  • Like 13

Thanks so much for all your good vibes chaps. My mojo needed that right now, so it’s really appreciated. 🙏👍🙂

I added the 3 interior mirrors to the glazing frame on the viggen, then couldn’t decide whether to have the canopy open or closed.

49511352596_610df0d414_b.jpg

The glazing is pretty clear you can see a lot of detail (camera doesnt suggest this successfully though)...

49510844868_d3cfea2288_b.jpg

...and the viggen has such pretty lines when it’s closed up, so that was that.

So now we’re here. 

49511581432_d3e0d47473_b.jpg

The fit was near perfect on the glazing - i wasn’t expecting that.

These clamps are a godsend. I love them. (I needed the canopy squeezed a touch while it was pushed down to cure)

49510844883_876eb8d718_b.jpg

Thanks for reading! 🙏

i’m off to get some sun for a couple of weeks so this is my last update for a little while.

Edited by Dansk
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

You really have got a good fit on the canopy Paul, those clamps have worked very well indeed.

I agree with you about keeping the lines of the Viggen by having the lid shut and I would probably do the same myself.

I hope you have a good, and warm couple of weeks, off somewhere nice?

Thanks craig. Khao Lak in Thailand is the destination lucky me ☺️!

• Like 1