1/48 Junkers Ju-86-K2 by Planes from Hungary

flarpen

Thanks to David Cooper - More pics.

Source: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/PLS4812

- ref. PLS4812 (and not 4801, so...) - Junkers Ju-86K-2

Thanks to ya-Gabor

PlanES is a small private company by Eses Sándor (or in English it would be around so family name Eses will be written second) this is where the ES comes from in the name Planes

He has been around for about 30-35 years doing all sort of things. All started with Vac-Form kits of his own design. He made that Su-27 in 72nd scale that Ken Duffy “Flankerman” still refers to as one of the best kits of the Su-27. In late 1980’s I have sent one Planes Su-27 to Tim Perry of PP Models and he gave it to his friend Ken the Flankerman who did an article of it in Scale Models at the time. Back in those days there was no good Su-27 kit around. Planes made many other Vac-Form kits Su-27UB, Su-22M3, Su-24 when there was absolutely no detailed info about it in the West. There was also a Heinkel He 170A, so not only Russian aircraft.

With time and new technologies he switched to resin including fairly big casts. I did help him to sell several Su-22M3 conversion sets in 48th scale for that Czech M4 plastic kit. In fact he made complete fuselage half’s for the Fitter used by Hungary with the Tumansky engines. There is absolutely no kit of it in any scale even today!!!

So I am not surprised to see a big kit from him. He is a good guy with good hands, making excellent masters. 

PLS4812_4.jpg?t=1578691964

PLS4812.jpg?t=1578691964

PLS4812_3.jpg?t=1578691964

PLS4812_1.jpg?t=1578691964

PLS4812_2.jpg?t=1578691964

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Would have never dreamed to see this as an injection moulded kit in 1/48! Details seem to be resin. Looks really good, as far as the resolution of the photos allows to judge. The price is challenging (although not final according to Hanna ts). 

2 hours ago, Ka-Efka said:

Would have never dreamed to see this as an injection moulded kit in 1/48! Details seem to be resin. Looks really good, as far as the resolution of the photos allows to judge. The price is challenging (although not final according to Hanna ts). 

Is the whole kit resin? It says "Resin Model" on the box art. I'm guessing that will make it quite pricey. Nice to see though, and I hope we'll see a Lufthansa variant.

Steve

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fightersweep said:

Is the whole kit resin? It says "Resin Model" on the box art. I'm guessing that will make it quite pricey. Nice to see though, and I hope we'll see a Lufthansa variant.

Steve

It's shown as a resin kit on the Hannant's website. Full price £199.99 but, 10% discount if you pre order.

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

10 hours ago, Homebee said:

Complementary informations from Hannants

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/695711033832473/permalink/3265518550185029/

V.P.

That sounds fantastic.

This aircraft is like the hooly graal, been wanting one for soo long now.

Maybee one could hope for a Swedish version as well? But that not a dealbreaker, the only differnces (me think) is the engine types and layout of the nacelles and exhausts.

On 1/12/2020 at 9:06 PM, fightersweep said:

Steve

The large parts looked short run plastic to me, I didn't look at the description. Will be interesting to see the parts. The price makes more sense this way 😉

Let's see what other versions will come, if they come. The changes would be quite extensive, although those versions would easier convince me to spend the money. 

Anyhow, great news that this kit comes soon. 

Reading the box top, it's an all-resin kit, not short-run plastic with resin accessories.

Shouldn't be a problem in this age of wonder adhesives, although I personally give cyanoacrylates a wide berth. 

Interesting that the Mk.XV Mosquito high altitude interceptor variant was built specifically to counter Ju-86 reconnaissance.

Tony 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.2822425827822036&type=3

In our HADmodels website can available a Limited Edition( 5 Pieces) The SALE until the end of February (or while stocks last) Preorder Started with Pre-order DISCOUNT !! Order now!

https://www.hadmodels.com/planes-ju-86-k-hungarian-royal-air-force-full-resin-kit-148

86180974-1619900351511134-54637038880979

n-376566-6.jpg

n-376566-7.jpg

n-376566-9.jpg

n-376566-10.jpg

n-376566-11.jpg

86190633-1619900804844422-28460006062822

85055330-1619899324844570-74236953172262

V.P.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, WV908 said:

I'd guess there's only five at the pre-order price.

Cheers,

WV908

That's how I would interpret it as well.

I have preordered one.

Got the reply that they are just finnishing up the final bits like instructions and decals.

He thought that they would be able to send out these preorder kits in about two weeks or so.

Looks like a real nice kit.

Just have to figure out how to modify the engines to a Ju-86K-4 version or any of the other versions used in Sweden.

Edited by flarpen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, flarpen said:

That's how I would interpret it as well.

I have preordered one.

Got the reply that they are just finnishing up the final bits like instructions and decals.

He thought that they would be able to send out these preorder kits in about two weeks or so.

Looks like a real nice kit.

Just have to figure out how to modify the engines to a Ju-86K-4 version or any of the other versions used in Sweden.

I'm holding off for a Swedish version - didn't realise the engines were different, thanks :)

Cheers,

WV908

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, WV908 said:

I'm holding off for a Swedish version - didn't realise the engines were different, thanks :)

Cheers,

WV908

If i knew a dedicated Swedish version was on the horizon I think I would to, but I can't take the risk to not buy this kit for it to sell out and no other versions materialize.

There is quite a big difference in engine nacelles and exhaust configs between this version and the ones used in sweden as well as type of engines.

/Johan

• Thanks 1

Feri from HAD suggested to me that he is working on a Ju86 kit of his own under the HADModels Label and it should be available in a year or so. He is planning all major scales 1/144 to 1/32!

First would be the 1/48 kit with German markings.

Feri did the Instructions and Decals for the Planes kit and got some -5?- models as payment for work rendered.  The Planes kits will be limited as there is little production capacity with them

• Like 2

I got a similar answer from Feri as Branky did.

The HADmodels (Allias me) will do the 3D model of the German and the Swedish versions too.

This ewwill be one year hard work

So this is the good new we will do the all versions.

You will see our website step by step the products born

Please share the information to yor modeler friends too

In Sweden have good model shop? I searching distributors all around the world. If you know shops, Webshops, please send me the links

Best regards Feri

Edited by flarpen
  • Like 2