1/48 Junkers Ju-86-K2 by Planes from Hungary

flarpen

Unfortunately not long after pre-ordering I received this email from Ferenc:

I have a bad and a good new for you.

Unfortunatelly I can't send the kit for you, becouse the Planes  (
Hungarian very little producer) Can't making the quality  what I ordered
from him. it was the bad new... but

We started the modlling the German version and the Hungarian engine 
drawing in 3D  program, and we will making with Plastic kit.

Sio this is one year yet, when would be abailable, but I wish to you give
friom the kit on wholesale price if available the kt.

This is the new good.

I will send back your money on the paypal. And plesae see my website. and
if will be preoorder again, please let me konw , that I give you on
Distributo price the kit.
hank you the patience and your understanding.

All regards Ferenc Szegedi

17 hours ago, GTX said:

Unfortunately not long after pre-ordering I received this email from Ferenc:

He told me as well that he is planing on doing a injected moulded version under the HAD Models label.

But nothing regarding that my preorder have been cancelled, so I'm hoping I will receive my kit.

EDIT: Seams like the Planes kit is now removed from HAD models website. Presumably beacuse all the kits he had are preordered.

Edited by flarpen

2 hours ago, flarpen said:

He told me as well that he is planing on doing a injected moulded version under the HAD Models label.

But nothing regarding that my preorder have been cancelled, so I'm hoping I will receive my kit.

EDIT: Seams like the Planes kit is now removed from HAD models website. Presumably beacuse all the kits he had are preordered.

Nothing on my preorder being cancelled either

• Like 1

Gentleman:  So the Hungarian Ju-86 with the radial engines is not happening?  Is that our takeaway?  The resin version shown in the pictures looked really stout.  Hannants has taken the Ju86 off from preorder list!  As a lover of the Ju86, I am really disappointed.  We have dozens of P-51s  to build I guess!! 

Edited by 28ZComeback

It looks like they are they were planning on now moving this kit to injection molding and it would be a year out.  I perfectly understand why they would refund pre-orders and take down the prior resin kit as a pre-order.  Hopefully this means that an actual 1/48 Ju-86 in some form us on the horizon.  We'll see what the future brings as I don't preorder but I wish them success as I think this is a good size hole in many Luftwaffe collections - even if it might take some surgery to make it a Luftwaffe version.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I doubt if it will be injection moulded. Feri is working on a CAD design in all scales and can make instructions and decals but has no financial (or technical for that matter) means for injection production unless he finds some filantropic sponsor for this. Resin seems to be more the medium as then a possible cooperation with SBS nextdoor is likely. Time will tell.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hub Plott said:

Received an email today that my Ju-86 should be mailed next week.

2 hours ago, Hub Plott said:

I got one of the 5 HAD put on pre-order

I got the same message.

Guess I'm also one of the lucky who will receive one of the five pre-order resin kits.

:yahoo:

1 hour ago, flarpen said:

I got the same message.

Guess I'm also one of the lucky who will receive one of the five pre-order resin kits.

:yahoo:

Got the same mail as well, the second of the five that goes to Sweden 🇸🇪

10 hours ago, Hub Plott said:

My understanding is that they have a low volume production capacity.

My guess would be that it's one guy who makes everything himself and has a very limited capability to turn out a big number of kits.

The five kits HAD models had for sale where a payment from Planes for the work he did on the decals and instructions.

I suspect Planes sell the limited number of kits they make through other channels internally in Hungary.

But that's just my five cents.

/Johan

22 hours ago, Hub Plott said:

2 to the USA, 2 to Sweden wonder who got the 5th one.

Supposedly it was me (There was only 1 listed as available when I ordered and paid) though that seems to have fallen through...😪

On 2/20/2020 at 8:24 PM, Hub Plott said:

2 to the USA, 2 to Sweden wonder who got the 5th one.

Well, that's me then. I got the 4th of the initial 5 kits. According to Feri the first 5 (at the lower price of 45000 HUF) were already cast so they will be sent out.

Unfortunately there was some "disagreement" with the owner of Planes so the other preorders (HAD and Hannants) had to be cancelled.

On 2/21/2020 at 7:57 AM, flarpen said:

My guess would be that it's one guy who makes everything himself and has a very limited capability to turn out a big number of kits.

The five kits HAD models had for sale where a payment from Planes for the work he did on the decals and instructions.

I suspect Planes sell the limited number of kits they make through other channels internally in Hungary.

But that's just my five cents.

/Johan

A co-worker from Hungary (a modeller himself) told me that the owner of Planes can only be contacted via a local modelling forum. The only other chance to catch him is at the Moson show as he has a small stand there every year.

I had a look at his products there and they look good (think Planet Models). He has a few full kits and conversions which all have a link to Hungarian aviation.

Unfortunately there seems to be no contact e-mail or a list of products floating around.

Cheers,

Markus

Edited by Shorty84

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2020 at 4:12 PM, Shorty84 said:

A co-worker from Hungary (a modeller himself) told me that the owner of Planes can only be contacted via a local modelling forum. The only other chance to catch him is at the Moson show as he has a small stand there every year.

I had a look at his products there and they look good (think Planet Models). He has a few full kits and conversions which all have a link to Hungarian aviation.

Unfortunately there seems to be no contact e-mail or a list of products floating around.

Cheers,

Markus

A fellow Swedish modeler got the contact info to Planes from HAD models and bought a kit from Planes directly, and apparently has received it as well.

The down side being that he got to pay quite a hefty price for it.

• Like 1