1/48 Spanish war Ju 87A-2

Greg Law

I've bitten the bullet and cutout the last canopy tonight. Still some final edge sanding to do, but at least I didn't stuff this one up. 

The fit is extremely close. I think a might have to do something on the back to get a firm support. Shouldn't be a problem. 

The canopy isn't as dark as it looks in the photo.

Ju 87A image10

• Like 4

Well I've done the best I can with the gun support frame. It looks a bit cruddy in the photo as usual, but in reality it looks ok  to me. 

It is not quite accurate I suppose, but once the canopy is on it will just be a shadow. and that ammo post refused to stay straight. 

Ju 87A image11

• Like 2

Ok just a little update. The wings are on. I discovered an unfortunate issue with the wings after I put them on. One wing has a thinner profile than the other. 

I have to live with it as it is too late to do anything about it. I really only notice it when the plane is upside down. It still needs a cleanup.

Ju 87A image13

• Like 4

Greg, the wings would be an infuriating discovery and one not really expected. Anyway, probably hard to pick by anyone but the builder. The upside is your build looks nice. Looking forward to seeing some paint on it.

Thanks Ray. Progress is slow but sure. I'm totally overloaded with work projects now, so I'm not getting much time for the hobby. Also I'm going to have to find somewhere to live later this year. Most of the farm animals are being sold off this week. As a result it is more urgent that i make good money over the next few months.

• 2 weeks later...

I've stalled a bit with this one. Work has taken over my life, so I'm concentrating on the desert one, this way I will at least get one done in time. Once that is done I will focus on this one again. 

4 hours ago, Greg Law said:

I've stalled a bit with this one. Work has taken over my life, so I'm concentrating on the desert one, this way I will at least get one done in time. Once that is done I will focus on this one again. 

I know the feeling.

• 3 weeks later...

Just show this project isn't dead. Yesterday  I added sills to the cockpit walls to give a better connection of the Vac canopy. Later today I will have a go at gluing it on.

Mind you looks like I have got a change of session cold coming on. No it won't be the virus. I'm to isolated here on the farm. 

• Like 1

Good to hear you don’t think it’s the virus Greg. Keep at it mate, I want to see you finish this Stuka so that you can crack on with that Airfix Lancaster!

Cheers.. Dave 

It will be nice to see the paint going on Greg.  These early Stukas look distinctly different, particularly in the Condor Legion scheme.

Cheers

10 hours ago, CliffB said:

It will be nice to see the paint going on Greg.  These early Stukas look distinctly different, particularly in the Condor Legion scheme.

Cheers

Yes it will. Now I'm not sure if I have the paint for the Spanish camo. I might have to do it in the German colours. Now we are in lockdown I can't get paint. The government doesn't consider it an essential item.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Greg Law said:

Yes it will. Now I'm not sure if I have the paint for the Spanish camo. I might have to do it in the German colours. Now we are in lockdown I can't get paint. The government doesn't consider it an essential item.

I thought I'd found a similar excuse for not re-decorating our lounge, but unfortunately Wickes do home deliveries on Dulux :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Greg Law said:

Greg, Can you mix the colours you need from what you have?