Revell Ju87 B2/R2 (1/72)

planecrazee

I really wanted to enter this GB for two reasons - 1) I'm a big fan of all things luftwaffe - especially the Stuka and 2) despite this - I don't have a Stuka in my builds so far and wanted to rectify this.  I did have the following kit in my stash so thought this would be the perfect chance to get it built:

DSC00535

DSC00536

DSC00537

DSC00538

DSC00539

DSC00541

I'm still debating on which version I'll do - I'm swaying towards the standard splinter camo version rather than the North Africa scheme but let me know if you have any preference to help me decide.  Here's where I'm up to after making a start today:

DSC00542

Hopefully start to get some paint on the cockpit tomorrow and then keep making progress :thumbsup:

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, planecrazee said:

Thanks Sturmovik - let's hope I can do it some justice!!

Kris

You should do the European theatre version with the two green colours, trying to paint RLM 79 over that tan plastic may be difficult.

8 hours ago, planecrazee said:

I really wanted to enter this GB for two reasons - 1) I'm a big fan of all things luftwaffe - especially the Stuka and 2) despite this - I don't have a Stuka in my builds so far and wanted to rectify this.  I did have the following kit in my stash so thought this would be the perfect chance to get it built:

Two good reasons indeed. It is also my first Stuka build.

7 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

You should do the European theatre version with the two green colours, trying to paint RLM 79 over that tan plastic may be difficult.

Wouldn't a coat of primer solve this problem?

Enjoy the build.

Cheers, Peter

6 hours ago, Basilisk said:

Two good reasons indeed. It is also my first Stuka build.

Wouldn't a coat of primer solve this problem?

Enjoy the build.

Cheers, Peter

Yeah you're absolutely right Peter - I think I still just can't make up my mind which scheme to do

35 minutes ago, John said:

That's a nice looking kit. I was expecting the original Revell mould with the opening cowling and basic engine. 

Is this an Italeri rebox?

John 

Hi John - yes this is an Italeri rebox and as you say,  it is a nice kit and generally well detailed. 

Kris

• Like 2