Dog Green Sector - Omaha Beach June 6th 1944

That's awesome!

Some personal history: Earlier that June morning, before the troopships arrived in that area, my Dad's ship, the minesweeper HMCS Cowichan to clear any sea mines so the troopships could get close enough to shore to let their landing craft take off.

Chris

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, colin said:

Excellent, you've captured to horror it must have been, the chap running back towrds the medics with his arm in his other hand is straight from 'saving private Ryan' by the looks

Indeed it was. Thanks 

2 hours ago, Clogged said:

Really love this diorama, brilliantly constructed and painted.  Fantastic sense of energy, movement and drama!  The figure dragging the wounded GI out of the water is my favourite mini scene. 

Thanks Clogged, enjoyed it until the resin nearly melted it to bits, i think im all figured out now though. My next few will have 2/3 resin figs in as they are much nicer to paint than the plastic figure kits.

• Like 1

Hi Simon,

Given the subject matter, it seems crass to say that you did well to overcome the issues with the resin! ;)

Everything that can be said has been said, except that I don't think we'll ever see a better beach assualt dio than this.

Congrats!!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, billybookcase said:

WOW!!!!

How did you do the water?

Hi billy. I did a rather large resin pour. The used water effects (woodland scenics) and some synthetic stuffing for the waves and foam. I have a WIP in the relevant forum if you want to take a look. The resin very nearly destroyed the whole thing. Thanks for the comment too. 

• Like 1

On 11/01/2020 at 21:29, Yorkshire man said:

Saving Private Ryan in miniature, very well done !

Thanks I tried to make the tones more muted and "saving private ryan esq" 

Edited by Red Five

On 13/01/2020 at 11:09, PlaStix said:

Utterly awesome!! Atmosphere, composition and modelling skills all taken to the next level!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks stix. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/01/2020 at 12:21, DAG058 said:

Great work, very atmospheric. You've really captured the complete chaos.

Thanks. I wanted to capture chaos. The WTF feeling the guys must have felt getting out of the landing craft into that scene.