Viggen in the snow - Ground crew, guards and pilot figures.

Harry_the_Spider

Thinking of doing a diorama of a splinter Viggen hiding in a snow covered clearing (I'm blaming Airfix Model World magazine).

I have a Heller Viggen and I can get trees and stuff from the local model shop, but I'll need some figures to crew and guard it.

Who does the best out of box Cold War ground crew?

7 hours ago, alt-92 said:

Scale?

72nd.  I don't know of Heller doing their Viggen in any other scale.

Later,

Dave

1/72

I can get a set of Airfix NATO for about a tenner. I assume that these are the same ones I had 35+ years ago and I know that they had pilots, technicians, guards and dogs.

I was wondering if there were newer or better ones that had the same variety of figures.

Italeri re-released a set last year I believe, ITA1246S. Its the older ESCI NATO set, but a look at the box art may help.

Otherwise, it's Pilot Replica aftermarket as they specialize in Swedish AF figures.

10 hours ago, Harry_the_Spider said:

Thanks. Just had a look at  ITA1246S and there are no dogs or guards with weapons, so I'll go for the Aiffix.

Airfix are useless for a Swedish setting. Almost all of them has gas-masks and none look remotely like Swedish soldiers. Personally I don't see a use for them in any aircraft settings in any country's.  The poses are strange. What are the mechanic's supposed to be doing?

Edited by Orso

2 hours ago, Orso said:

Airfix are useless for a Swedish setting. Almost all of them has gas-masks and none look remotely like Swedish soldiers. Personally I don't see a use for them in any aircraft settings in any country's.  The poses are strange. What are the mechanic's supposed to be doing?

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=561

But it include the dog I can send you some