This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Duncan B

Roden WW1 kits, opinions sought

Dear Chris

Give it a little time, your parts might just show up in the post by themselves. Plan B is to call a distributor to get their phone number and talk to them.

Have you thought of pinning the broken leg to repair it?

regards Toby

I bought a Roden 1/32 Dr1 just over a year ago and all the best A/M for it and decal sheet ... guess what happened :)

Its still a nice looking kit, have a WnW DR1 on order from Hannant's for ages ... am sure it will surface soon as promised.

1 hour ago, Planebuilder62 said:

Dear Chris

Give it a little time, your parts might just show up in the post by themselves. Plan B is to call a distributor to get their phone number and talk to them.

Have you thought of pinning the broken leg to repair it?

regards Toby

Hi Toby

Thanks, I didn't add my address details as it was just an initial enquiry. I will see if they reply.  I might well pin it the broken bit is the axle housing at the bottom, so I could bend some appropriate brass rod to replace .  So am not too fussed anyway I suppose.

Thanks Toby.

All the best

Chris

31 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi Toby

Thanks, I didn't add my address details as it was just an initial enquiry. I will see if they reply.  I might well pin it the broken bit is the axle housing at the bottom, so I could bend some appropriate brass rod to replace .  So am not too fussed anyway I suppose.

Thanks Toby.

All the best

Chris

Last time I contacted them was 12 or so years ago, so it could well have changed, but my experience was the same as many others on the WWI Mailing List at the time - normally no reply to a parts request, but after 2 weeks the parts would turn up at no cost. My last contact was over the wing for the 1/48th SE 5a.  in response to having an error in rib number pointed out, they produced corrected ones and sent them to whoever asked, no charge, and no proof of purchase required.

Paul.

3 minutes ago, Paul Thompson said:

Last time I contacted them was 12 or so years ago, so it could well have changed, but my experience was the same as many others on the WWI Mailing List at the time - normally no reply to a parts request, but after 2 weeks the parts would turn up at no cost. My last contact was over the wing for the 1/48th SE 5a.  in response to having an error in rib number pointed out, they produced corrected ones and sent them to whoever asked, no charge, and no proof of purchase required.

Paul.

Wow, that's great customer service. 

Very impressive.

Chris

Never heard anything back so not sure if the right email as used the one on the side of the BE2C kit box. Could not access any address details from their site, oh well I will have to make do.

On 01/02/2020 at 18:36, bigbadbadge said:

Never heard anything back so not sure if the right email as used the one on the side of the BE2C kit box. Could not access any address details from their site, oh well I will have to make do.

Did you try roden@roden.eu ?

Alternatively, Bachmann are the UK distributors.

I bought their BE2c some years ago and was somewhat disappointed by the saggy underside to the wings between the ribs, wish I had kept my Aeroclub one and maybe combined the two for a better result?

Mike

3 hours ago, Howlindawg said:

Did you try roden@roden.eu ?

Alternatively, Bachmann are the UK distributors.

Hi 

No it was a different address. I will give that one a try. Thank you.

Chris