Vehicle builders wanted

JOCKNEY

Ladies and gentlemen there is a Scandinavian Group Build about to start here on Britmodeller.

Disappointingly there are currently no vehicles at all proposing to be built. Now considering the likes of Scania, Volvo and Saab would all be eligible, can I offer an invitation to anyone willing to join this Group Build and redress the balance.  

The link for the Group Build is below

If you haven't taken part in a Group Build before i highly recommend them, as you get lots of support and encouragement along the way and it offers the opportunity to build something that has been lerking in the stash for years !

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chrisrope said:

I wish there were some readily available Saab car kits :( 

Deep in the recesses of my mind I'm remembering that there used to be die-cast metal kits of a Volvo P1800 and an early SAAB.

Basically they were the same as the likes of a Corgi or Dinky car only in kit form.

I can't just now remember who made the kits though.

Its nearly 30 years since I saw one. I used to have a motoring magazine. In it we had a diecast/toy car section and a toy car importer & dealer in Bangor, Co. Down, sent me the Volvo P1800 kit as a sample, but I had to send it back unbuilt. afair the SAAB was one of the early 99 (?) series - 1960s type

1 hour ago, Bengalensis said:

AirTrax also have a 1/24 Saab 99 coming soon.

They also have/had a Volvo Amazon and Amazon Estate, P1800, P1800ES and a 142. Not sure exactly which are available at this date.

I don’t think Airtrax really counts as “readily available”... especially as most if not all require a donor kit as well.

best,

M.

I’m watching a few eBay auctions, may have something if something comes from them. Wasn’t planning on expanding the stash, but never say never. 

cant even find any Volvo plant kits, ie diggers and dozers. Plenty of trucks, but I have a truck in the stash that isn’t scandi sadly.