1/72 Modelcollect Boeing B-52G

Hello

Here is my last build of 2019.

This is the 1/72 Modelcollect Boeing B-52G in guise of El Lobo II which took part in the first strike of Desert Storm with the CALCM, called Secret Squirrel.

As my kit was one of the first boxes I had to scratch build some parts which were not correct for this very aircraft.

It took me many hours but here is the result. Comments are welcome but I will not modify the kit now.😄

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The original tail of the kit

spacer.png

Now with the modified radar and the 40" extension of Avionic Defense Systems Phase VI

spacer.png

The modified leading edge Karman for the ALCM carrying B-52G I took from an old Italeri kit.

spacer.png

When added on the kit before a long sanding operation.

spacer.png

Patrick

• Like 67
  • Thanks 1

Terrific build! I wouldn't change anything either.  I have to ask the same question as Doc72.... Where do you put something that big?

The 2 biggest kits in my stash are Monogram's B-29 and Ertl's  KC-135 and I look at the box and ask myself where would I display it if I built it?

• Thanks 1

Thank you all of yours.

I have not any picture of the finished aircraft with something to scale but this couple of low quality pictures in progress can give an idea of the beast. Roughly 70 x 70 cm.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Actually she is stored in the garage in a big box ready for my next show.

Patrick

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Very nice work indeed!

If I read you correctly, you're happy with the model OOB - basically good/accurate, the only changes you made were to update or modify to another sub-variant? Correct?

atb
Rick

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Spad said:

Very nice work indeed!

If I read you correctly, you're happy with the model OOB - basically good/accurate, the only changes you made were to update or modify to another sub-variant? Correct?

atb
Rick

Yes even a time consuming kit by its size it was a pleasure to assemble. I modified the ejection seats but now it is closed. The windscreen is fantastic as it is not glued !

Patrick

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Redboost said:

Excellent work Patrick, congrats for finishing this beast! Looking forward to seeing her next year in Moson! 😁

Thank you Libor but I am going to Moson by plane and this kit is too large.

Patrick

Patrick, that is a monster!  Very nice result.

Let me tell you, that in my school times I had Monogram B-52 in stash but then I restricted my interest to 1935-45 and sold it before I build it. So remember the size, and this is a real problem. How will you keep it? 

Regards

J-W

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, JWM said:

Patrick, that is a monster!  Very nice result.

Let me tell you, that in my school times I had Monogram B-52 in stash but then I restricted my interest to 1935-45 and sold it before I build it. So remember the size, and this is a real problem. How will you keep it? 

Regards

J-W

Thank you very much Jerzy.

I keep it in a big box in the garage for close modelling show.

Nine years ago I built an Italeri/AMT B-52H but this one can be seen now in the Aeronavale Museum in Rochefort sur Mer, France. The B-52G will go there too in a couple of years to get room at home.

Patrick

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 11

That is one fine looking build.  The sheer size of this in 1/72 puts me of ever building one.  I do have 2 x die cast 1/144 Corgi ones and they look good on display.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, VG 33 said:

Nine years ago I built an Italeri/AMT B-52H but this one can be seen now in the Aeronavale Museum in Rochefort sur Mer, France.

Congrats! :) 

• Thanks 1

The first RFI of the Modelcollect B-52 kit I have seen - and it looks brilliant!! 👍👍👍👍

A friend of mine has the kit (unbuilt so far) and I am just fascinated by it.

Display space would be an issue for me; but not as big an issue as sneaking the kit into the house in the first place! 😜

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mark4700 said:

Very nicely done. That must have taken some paint. 

Thank you.

At the time of the -H I used two Xtracolor FS16118 jars but for the -G less than 2/3 of an aqueous Gunze white, which was the biggest area of the same colour.

My paint is now thinner.

Patrick