He-177 Raid on Lake Chad

On 5/15/2020 at 1:24 AM, Alan P said:

Great idea well executed. There are more than a few touches of genius there, the light fixture being one of them! 

Funny how you look at various household items as a modeller, thinking, 'you know, that would make an excellent...' 😂

So very true - I am constantly gathering odd bits that the wife has abandoned to the rubbish bin. 

On 5/17/2020 at 7:22 AM, CMSCHLOM said:

This is really cool!!  I had a similar idea, but I was going to use an FW 200 Condor for the bomber.  But would Herr Blaich's BF-108 be able to keep pace?

Eduard just released Blaich's Bf-108 in 1/32 scale, what about using Revell's JU-88 in 1/32?

A 1/32 scale Sonderkommando Blaich diorama would be very impressive!  The Taifun is such a beautiful machine, I wonder what Theo Blaich's aircraft looked like when it was first delivered - was it finished in civilian or Luftwaffe markings?

On 1/11/2020 at 1:55 PM, Jeddahbill said:

a desert landscape made from a textured ceiling light panel. 

What a great idea!  A most convincing depiction of desert sands!

The whole diorama looks excellent.

I tend to think that older kits contribute well to dioramas, as the viewer is less concerned with such details while taking it all in.

:goodjob::clap2:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jeddahbill said:

So very true - I am constantly gathering odd bits that the wife has abandoned to the rubbish bin. 

A 1/32 scale Sonderkommando Blaich diorama would be very impressive!  The Taifun is such a beautiful machine, I wonder what Theo Blaich's aircraft looked like when it was first delivered - was it finished in civilian or Luftwaffe markings?

As he was a civilian farmer, most likely in civilian colors would be my guess.  Now if only HK would make a 1/32 Condor!

• Like 1

Many, many thanks for the kind comments!  I did very much enjoy this build, even with the ancient Airfix He-177.  These old kits were my introduction to styrene kit modeling back in the 1960's and they still hold a special place with me.

Bill

• Like 1