2S19 self-propelled 152mm Howtzer

PanZair

5 hours ago, Andy350 said:

excellent job with the painting, looks great.  What are the MIG Varnishes like to use, I've seen them and have been tempted in the past.

Hi, thank for the comment.

the Ammo varnish is a good stuuf, i use it with few  drops of Ammo thinner (5 drops for 20 drops of varnish with airbrush in low pressure). The ultra matt varnish is incredible, i use with brush too to final step on my figures.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PanZair said:

Hi, thank for the comment.

the Ammo varnish is a good stuuf, i use it with few  drops of Ammo thinner (5 drops for 20 drops of varnish with airbrush in low pressure). The ultra matt varnish is incredible, i use with brush too to final step on my figures.

Thanks, If they do a matt varnish I will give it a go.  Don't mind the Tamiya Aerosols but they are a bit nasty unless the room is well ventilated. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andy350 said:

Thanks, If they do a matt varnish I will give it a go.  Don't mind the Tamiya Aerosols but they are a bit nasty unless the room is well ventilated. 

sure, you must use tamiya outdoor.

for Ammo, there is matt and ultra matt.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow... that's looking really good. I like how you've put new numbering over the old ones, looks just like someone put a paint roller over it first and then applied the new numbers. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I recently purchased some of those MIG Oilbrushers as well because they were on sale on the site I was buying other stuff from. Haven't tried them out yet but should!

• Like 1

We've been told the weathering date, but I don't suppose you would mind telling us the date for firing (possibly onto the houses of annoying neighbors)?

Looks amazing. Great work. 

Edited by Vaastav
Grammar
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

i think I need to invest in some more "professional" weathering products & learn to use them. I have a few pastel sticks (WH Smith cheap ones) and oil paints but there are things I struggle to achieve. Any ti[ps/tricks/videos/resources you can recommend?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, robw_uk said:

i think I need to invest in some more "professional" weathering products & learn to use them. I have a few pastel sticks (WH Smith cheap ones) and oil paints but there are things I struggle to achieve. Any ti[ps/tricks/videos/resources you can recommend?

Hello, you can use your own products (i work with this product because i like it and i'm graphic designer for Ammo) I read a lot of modelling book but first, you have to found good pictures for references. it's more easy to find modern vehicule picture for reference. i just try to copy thereal pict on my models. For the prodcut like Ammo or Ak or... all products are ready tio use so you win a couple of times... ;)

• Like 2