Robocop 2 Cain - 3D print 1:8 scale

Hello
Something unusual. On the cgtrader website I found a RoboCop Cain model for 3D printing. The model is scaled to a scale of 1: 6. It is designed as a puppet for time-lapse photos (inspired by the original models used for FX effects during filming).

49363995767_0ceed5aff9_h.jpg

49363995707_52f6fca784_h.jpg

49363781866_865a20deec_h.jpg

The model contains instructions in PDF format.

49363995512_4deae18a32_b.jpg

I took some shortcuts. It will be a static model and reduced to a scale of 1: 8 ( about 32 cm high). This will make assembly a little easier, and secondly my printer will not print such large elements.
A few photos of the beginning of the project:

49363810331_bb0d265115_k.jpg

49363322128_053d14ee71_k.jpg

49363781556_9b2f7e9212_k.jpg

49363781746_7784f0c1fb_k.jpg

49363321993_8443f17078_k.jpg

Edited by Mikemc
  • Like 20

Looks really good! The robot Cain was the only decent part of Robocop 2, unfortunately. The whole movie stank of "cash-grab" and was not even a tenth as good as the Paul Verhoeven original.

Chris.

Edited by spruecutter96
Correcting a typo.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey Great Work so far!
any more updates?

I too am Building Cain (Based in the U.K.),.. But going for the full 1/6 Printed FDM,.

I am not realising this is going to cost a small fortune! i'm going to start a thread of my own so not to hijack your thread!

if you going for a 1/6 version have you thought about the hardware you'll use?
if you run into issues hit me up and maybe we can resolve them together ;)

Dave

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, DWaz Modeler said:

Hey Great Work so far!
any more updates?

I too am Building Cain (Based in the U.K.),.. But going for the full 1/6 Printed FDM,.

I am not realising this is going to cost a small fortune! i'm going to start a thread of my own so not to hijack your thread!

if you going for a 1/6 version have you thought about the hardware you'll use?
if you run into issues hit me up and maybe we can resolve them together ;)

Dave

Hi

Thanks for your post. I gonna stick to 1/8 scale. Main reason that Anycubic priter has limited space for printing big elements. Other hand that shuld be static model and 1:8 scale will be easer dealing on shelf.

So far some small progress. Still printing elements. Main structure of "upper parts" are assambled. There are some fiting issue. Not sure d/t resaizing the model or some flaw od digital model. Anyway it is nothing that I won't handle.

Cheers

49868894863_95416d8cc2_k.jpg

49869734687_476b671d26_k.jpg

49869734727_e1f5ce0b89_k.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Nice! :D

i've just taken the plunge and bought an SLA Printer,. ive been toying with the idea for some time now and trying to get hold of the Gundam Parts/ Hot-up options is either nearly impossible or too expencive
so may as well Resin print them,.. and it'll help me in my other work too!
Keep the updates coming,. I may end up swapping some parts out to build a Hybrid between the two Machines! 🤔

Edited by DWaz Modeler
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Mike, I just did a catch up of the thread. Impressive as heck! It looks more aggressive than the ED209.

I remember the original film, and ED209 but not this one, not sure why. I must have watched the second movie, or did I?

I'll keep watching, With interest. Pete

...very nice! And 1/6 scale is HUUUUGE!

Size matters. can you already guess, how big the final figure will be? I am right now working on the ED-209 wich is not the smallest guy in 1/9 scale.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hey,.. 
I thought i'd drop by and see how yours was coming along,..
I have to say it's looking impressive and the paintwork is really strong! that's going to look the business when it's finished!,.. 
Well done thus far! ive done a bit on mine i'll update it shortly! ;)

• 2 weeks later...