Just an idea

Well actually two ideas.

1. A radial engine GB - anything with a radial engine for power.

2. A paper planes GB - any plane that never got beyond scale drawings/models.

I fully understand that these would be 2021/2022 GBs

Edited by Abandoned Project
  • Like 1

OK, so the radial engine GB has already been done in 2017. That still leaves the paper planes GB idea.

I am thinking it would be any plane, military or civilian, fixed or rotary wing that never beyond a scale model. I'm inclined to include anything that had a prototype but never saw production, which would give plenty of scope.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Bristol Brabazon and the Saunders Roe Princess which aren't Luft46 or What-if. Aircraft like the Mil Mi-12 as well that actually exist but never saw production, more "one off" than "what if".

@Erwin which idea is it that you like? Over the past 2 years I have come up with 5 ideas for a GB.

A Lancaster STGB (happening this year) , a B-29 STGB which seems to be unpopular due to lack of interest when mentioned, a rotary wing GB (happening this year) , a radial engine GB (last one was 2017) and a 'paper planes' GB for aircraft that never went into production.

• 2 weeks later...

Having proposed a twin jet GB to see what diverse array of vehicles would be built, it occurred to me that this idea could be taken in 2 other directions.

First, a four engine themed GB and second a single engine GB.

The single engine one I thought would be the more interesting of the two as you could have an Abrams tank, a Jet Provost and an Allouette III helicopter all in the same GB!

Waddaya think?

Why not just call it the Multi-motor GB and combine all two, three, four, five, six, seven and eight engined (didn't the CVN 65 have eight reactors?) subjects in one proposal. That improves its possibility to survive in this harsh climate. Especially in the november heat wave with all the bums fighting each other. V-P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

Why not just call it the Multi-motor GB and combine all two, three, four, five, six, seven and eight engines.

That would be an 'anything goes' free for all and not much of a GB. The whole idea is to have the form of power as the theme. Controlling the number of engines is part of the theme.

• Like 1