ZVEDZDA German SD.KFZ.251/110 "XAMOMAT"

Andy350

This is one of four kits that I picked up from the charity shop, only costs 50p, thought I would use this as a training build, will try some weathering on this.  Worst case, it cost me 50p!  The seats should be leather, but they're looking like varnished wooden furniture at the moment!

49354538033_5f9132f83e_z.jpg

49361110157_fa457aaf67_c.jpg

49361110467_bbb80b835f_c.jpg

• Like 6

Great start Andy, sometimes you need a bit of a restorative and looks like you've hit the nail on the head.

Never tried anything by Zvezda my go to is Tamiya but for 50p what's to loose? After saying that you look, to be doing fine regardless. 

Best wishes

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jasper dog said:

Great start Andy, sometimes you need a bit of a restorative and looks like you've hit the nail on the head.

Never tried anything by Zvezda my go to is Tamiya but for 50p what's to loose? After saying that you look, to be doing fine regardless. 

Best wishes

Darryl 

Thanks Darryl,

This was not the sort of kit I would have gone for, but it's going ok, I know it's a basic build, but with some weathering I'm hoping for the best.  This is my second Zvedza build my first was the Russian powered Howitzer.

43 minutes ago, ProjeKtWEREWOLF said:

Looking good. 

I'm tempted by some of the Zvezda kits. 

Thanks, they go together ok, second build with this brand and it's a brand that my local shop sells.

• Like 1

I found this tracks the hardest yet, at least this will be covered in some mud which will hide some of this I hope.  I left them to set, but when I was manipulating them they wanted to come apart.

49366972912_51f32049f8_b.jpg49366973412_a1df3ec4c2_b.jpg

3 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Engine looks good through the open bonnet, nicely weathered. 

Atb

Darryl 

Thanks Darryl.  I need to look into better ways of weathering the interior, I'm making my models appear too dark.

• Like 3

Had a first try with the scratches effects, it's really difficult to know when this is done enough, I'm thinking of going over with some colour on a sponge to add some grey back in.  I think the base colour should have been a mixed up, maybe with some gun metal and silver as it looks a bit pink.

49373188552_306380c1a9_c.jpg49372986776_40b51a2a64_b.jpg49373187007_a60c0ace9d_b.jpg

I did the underside to see how could replicate ground strikes, all this will be a mud colour, so just a test.

49372985671_7a0e5419d2_b.jpg

Edited by Andy350
  • Like 3