Hello from the Adelaide Hills!

Dunny

Hello all,

I've been lurking around the forum for a couple of years following my return to the hobby after a 30-odd year hiatus, and the New Year and recent (very local) bushfires have spurred me to finally jump in and join the forum! Being a pom by birth my main areas of interest are WW2 RAF aircraft, but also increasingly WW2 RAAF subjects, and my first RFI will be the latter. I've already learned so much from the forum and now feel that I'm happier to share the results of my toils after many false starts and frustrating shelf of doomers. I look forward to being a more active member of the community and learning more from the incredible hive mind which exists here!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 3

G'day Dunny

Welcome to the forum.  I look forward to seeing your first RFI.  Please say hello to the good folk in Tea Tree Gully and Golden Grove.

cheers

Zhizhou aka Mark

• Like 1

G’day Roger...:post1: from Chicago in another former colony. 

15 hours ago, Dunny said:

I've already learned so much from the forum and now feel that I'm happier to share the results of my toils after many false starts and frustrating shelf of doomers.

Happy to know this. You shouldn't fear sharing your work. Almost everyone here is quite friendly and will gladly help by offering tips, that or constructive criticism. The very few that can be rude tend not to say much if anything so no fears. 

Dennis 

• Like 1

Greeting from Western Canada and from someone who has experienced wildfire and evacuation. This was in 2016 and we were away from home for a month. We were lucky, too, as our house wasn't damaged at all. Many others were not so lucky. Over 2000 homes and other structures were destroyed. Our youngest daughter's boyfriend's home was one the the first to go. They just managed to get out in time. We feel for our southern cousins! Hang in there!

Chris

• Like 1

Hi there Roger,

Glad you avoided by affected by the latest Hills fire and welcome to the forums. plenty of us southerners are members here.

It would be nice to see some of your finished builds to date if you are up for it.

Greetings from a smoky Canberra

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bell209 said:

Welcome along! Make sure you get to AeroWorks in Colonel Light Gardens at some point - I challenge you to walk out without buying an armful!

How funny that's what happened to me last week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1