Den Bels 1/72 Seabrook Armoured Gun Truck

Nice kit of a rare vehicle, but lots of clean up of flash, seams and rough surfaces. 3 pdr. detail is a bit mushy, but I can live with that. Fit overall is pretty good, although you do need to test fit everything to make sure. i added a few little things to make some aspects more logical or complete. 

IMG_20200109_161740

IMG_20200109_161814

IMG_20200109_161837

IMG_20200109_161857

IMG_20200109_161756

IMG_20200109_161908

• Like 13

Good afternoon to you :) what a great little model. I scratch built one in 1/35 scale, the thread is around somewhere; I absolutely love the nutty vehicles that were produced around this time and concentrate on them as model projects.

I recently finished (I think they're finished, when do we really know?) 3 more scratch builds. One of a Pierce-Arrow armoured lorry with anti-aircraft gun, a chain driven Wolseley-Peerless armoured truck also with AA armament, and lastly another Pierce-Arrow armoured truck with revolving turret housing a sort of 3 or 6 pounder gun. I will post them in Ready for Inspection when I get around to uploading photos etc.

All in all, I am delighted to see another modeller who is interested in this period as we seem to be in the minority on this forum. Keep up the great work!

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by McNab
Bad spelling!

As I looked at this vehicle, I thought it might make a manageable scratch building project due to is slab-sided configuration. However, I couldn't find any references as to what the interior looked like. I've seen several other models and each is different. What did you use for reference?

On 1/12/2020 at 12:08 PM, gamevender said:

As I looked at this vehicle, I thought it might make a manageable scratch building project due to is slab-sided configuration. However, I couldn't find any references as to what the interior looked like. I've seen several other models and each is different. What did you use for reference?

Hi ganevender are you addressing me? If so, then l relied on photos of the original vehicle and then did what l thought looked ok on the interior. As a kerbside model, mine came out ok. But wouldn’t stand up to historical fact!

Cheers

Andrew