Junkers Ju 87B-1 Stuka (Airfix 1:72)

Hi Stix, Looks like progress will not be hampered as I have just received the following. Now THAT'S service :wow:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email,

Further to your communication reference *xxxxxx*** we can confirm your spares order has been sent today.

Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us at this email address.

Kind regards

Hornby Hobbies Spares Team

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Ah, I see what you mean now, Peter!  :doh:  Thanks for the support  :happy:

I've hit a small stumbling block in that Part No: E04 isn't formed properly. I've just mailed Airfix re. a replacement via their website and have been advised by an automated mail that I can expect a response within 28 DAYS!!  :headbang:

Still, lots more to be getting on with in the interim.

Hi Wimbledon,

which part is E04 (I am in South Africa right now, so cannot check on my own kit!)

28 days???!!! You can go to the moon and back in less time... Did you check if they meant 28 WORKING days?

Have fun!!!

JR

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jean said:

Hi Wimbledon,

which part is E04 (I am in South Africa right now, so cannot check on my own kit!)

28 days???!!! You can go to the moon and back in less time... Did you check if they meant 28 WORKING days?

Have fun!!!

JR

Looks from the instructions like E is the clear sprue and E04 might be the pilots targeting reticule (goes inside the canopy just ahead of the pilot).

One thing I'm a bit flumoxed about on mine - there's a 2 piece clear section for building the floor targetting window but the instructions would have me paint the clear bottom side, if I'm reading them correctly? Does the lower part have a moveable cover on the real aircraft? I think I'll leave mine clear if I can mask it well, possibly one part is supposed to be a hinged door?

• Like 1

Hi JR,

Yep it's a clear part and hopefully already winging it's way to me from Airfix!!

The 2-piece section you refer to calls for both 'ends' to be left unpainted (look closely at the arrows). However, the Eduard 'frame' covers this window suggesting it does indeed have a hinged cover (you can just about see it in one of the pictures I've posted).

Cheers

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2020 at 2:52 PM, PlaStix said:

Hi Nigel. I'm just checking if there's been any more progress since it arrived?

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix, Alas no :sad:  Peaks and troughs at the moment but progress due soon :smile:

21 hours ago, Scargsy said:

Was the replacement part better? My version seemed to be a bit malformed also, but I'm not sure if that was due to my heavy-handed removal from the sprue.

Hi Scargsy, 100% better!! The part was still on the sprue but had just not been formed correctly (almost not at all). Replacement is just as should be :happy:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

When I started this build I had the intention of spending a lot of time on the PE. However, with time being at a premium I've decided to crack on with not so much PE in order to get this over the line. Therefore, here she is with the first layer of colour on the fuselage (with more to come soon) :waiting:

2iFeRdG%5D

• Like 3

Looks good. I suppose with no Australian F1 on over the weekend ☹️ you were able to get on with some painting 🙂.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2020 at 7:14 AM, Ray_W said:

Looks good. I suppose with no Australian F1 on over the weekend ☹️ you were able to get on with some painting 🙂.

Thanks Ray - Yep, missing the F1 but I have indeed found time for more paint. The masking took longer thank expected but I'm happy with the outcome so far  :happy:

2iHXvta%5D

2iHVVEe%5D

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Hewy said:

A pretty decent paint job there nigel 👍

You are very kind, Glynn!! Believe it or not, this nose stripe was more of a challenge but I'll settle for it!!

2iJnukQ%5D

• Like 6

On 3/29/2020 at 10:12 AM, Basilisk said:

Coming along nicely :thumbsup:

Cheers, Peter

On 3/29/2020 at 1:55 PM, PlaStix said:

Hi Nigel. Hope you are keeping well. Great to see there's been more progress and the paintwork looks fantastic! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you , Gents. Yep, all good 🤞 Hoping to get this across the finish line.

One would have thought with recent events that we'd have more time on our hands but I'm finding it the complete opposite; Madness!! :frantic:

Thanks Cliff :happy: Yep, the finish line is in sight now.

Decals are on and the Sol is drying. I'll need to gloss again, add a wash, add all the 'bits' then apply some matt!!   🏁

2iLxVfY%5D

2iLxVeL%5D

2iLzySv%5D

• Like 5

I'm calling this one done now.

Thank you to our hosts for a rather enjoyable GB and thank you to those who've dropped in along the way; your support is always most appreciated :happy:

2iMGtrf%5D

2iMFuZY%5D

2iMFtZX%5D

2iMFuVu%5D

2iMDRig%5D

• Like 8

Hi Nigel,

Beautiful build. I was admiring it in the gallery and come back to post the comment. Really 1/72 and lacks for nothing.

Ray

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CliffB said:

Beautiful work.  Congratulations!

Cheers

Hi Cliff, Thank you. Glad you like her :happy:

4 hours ago, Ray_W said:

Hi Nigel,

Beautiful build. I was admiring it in the gallery and come back to post the comment. Really 1/72 and lacks for nothing.

Ray

Hi Ray, That's very kind of you! :blush: The kit is a pleasure to build so goes a long way to the the finish.

• Like 1