Help with scale-Master Box German Panzer grenadiers

GRK

Hi all

I'm currently working on a diorama for my Tamiya Panzer MkII that I've just completed (the new kit release). 

I'd bought the Master Box German Panzer Grenadiers (1939-1942) 1:35 to go in the diorama but now that I've assembled a figure next to the tank, the figure looks rather large. I know that the MkII wasn't a big tank but it looks like the figures more at 1:32 scale. They're far larger than the figures that were included in the Tamiya Matilda kit.

Is this a well know problem with the Master Box figures that I wasn't aware of and can anyone recommend a similar figure kit that has a more accurate scale reproduction?

Pictures now attached:

IMG_1170

IMG_1169

IMG_1157

Thanks

Edited by GRK

Does anyone know of a similar kit, so 1940 German in combat positions which has a better scale accuracy. 

This is seems to be a bit of a theme as I’ve got some Tamiya 8th army figures which are massive! 

Im basically trying to avoid spending more money and finding another kit is also too big!

Has anyone bought the Tamiya German infantry French campaign set and got any feedback on the scale accuracy?

Edited by GRK

It's perhaps worth pointing out that the difference between 1/35 and one 1/32 figures is essentially the difference between 6 feet 1 inch men and 5 feet 7 inches individuals. 

Having said that, the reclining figure in the image does look significantly out of scale.

Chris. 

ok thanks all, I wasn't sure if it was just me! Dragon Barbarossa kit on order- not the right timeframe for the diorama in mind but the closest with the figure pose I wanted.

• 3 weeks later...

Might not help but have you looked at stalingrad resin ones? I found that two of those guys count for about 5 or 6 of the plastic kit figures because of the amount of detail etc. Really nice to paint too. Kind of a less is more. 

On 28/01/2020 at 22:58, Red Five said:

have you looked at stalingrad resin ones?

Hi, ha I thought when people talked about Stalingrad figures I thought it was a set made by Dragon or Tamiya! 🤭     Now I've had a google I see what you mean! Can I ask where you normally buy your from-there don't seem to be too many options that I can find other than trawling through ebay 

24 minutes ago, GRK said:

Hi, ha I thought when people talked about Stalingrad figures I thought it was a set made by Dragon or Tamiya! 🤭     Now I've had a google I see what you mean! Can I ask where you normally buy your from-there don't seem to be too many options that I can find other than trawling through ebay 

I haven't used them but you might want to look at Fields of Glory Models