Airfix 1/72 F14A Tomcat.

Morning all,as some will know I'm building a few Airfix kit's I'd first done when I was a lot younger from the seventies as school ended and a job beckoned.

Second of the group is the Tomcat,these are original boxing's in that lovely white plastic on this kit the decals were shot so a shout to the BM massive 

and replacement sets were forthcoming.appologies to Tomcat fans I must have got a good few things wrong but the aim of the builds is OOB giving

hopefully a better finish in those way of days.After spraying the white I brush painted the rest,many thanks for looking.

20200109_113035

20200109_113028

20200109_113020

20200109_113012

20200109_112954

20200109_112935

20200109_112835

20200109_112823

20200109_112756

And with build number one the Skyraider,nearing completion is the Viking to be followed by the Vigilante,Corsair and Skyray.

20200109_113137

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 38
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, davecov said:

Nice job, Steve. I have just bought this very kit and hope it turns out as nice as your build. 👍

Dave

Many thank's Dave I'm sure it will!

17 minutes ago, JosephLalor said:

I've both the 'Ford' and the Viking under way, so I'll be interested to see how you get on with those.

Thank's Joseph here's how the Viking is right now.

20191219_105952

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely finish!

I built one if these as a kid back in 198? whilst staying at my Grandparents in Blackpool over the summer. Spent ages working in it and was dead proud of it. Left it on the parcel shelf of my Grandads car when we travelled home to Wigan and it was so hot the nose melted! To say I was gutted is an understatement but an important lesson in transporting models was learnt...

• Like 2

Another beautiful period build. 

I'm slowly working my way through the Airfix back catalogue myself. Seeing the fine work you are doing with these old kits is a major boost for me. Thanks for sharing your work here.

Tony.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TonyW said:

Another beautiful period build. 

I'm slowly working my way through the Airfix back catalogue myself. Seeing the fine work you are doing with these old kits is a major boost for me. Thanks for sharing your work here.

Tony.

Many thanks tony.Ive just done Airfixs 1978 tooling of the Stuka and nearing the end of their 70,s released Dambuster Lancaster.

Very nice F-14!

I (vaguely) recall when this was a go-to before the onset of the Hasegawa, Fujimi and Academy kits of same.

The Airfix kit certainly looked pretty awesome to us at that time.

You've done a fine job with it.

👍👍