Revell Porsche 928 1/16

Just finished this lovely Porsche in Champagne Gold - really enjoyed doing this one, maybe because of the slightly larger scale?

Still cant seem to get the clear parts to look 'clearer' by dipping in the Pledge clear.  end up looking a bit messy..

IMG_20200108_193901

IMG_20200108_193741

IMG_20200108_193756

IMG_20200108_193808

• Like 14

That’s a lovely model, though back in the day I always thought the 928 a bit of a bloater.  Still it’s positively svelte compared to some of Porsche’s current monstrosities!

cheers

Will

• Like 2

Very good. I like the chequer on the seats, although on the real car it was well over the top! It's almost like Porsche were embarrassed by the car and decided to divert people's focus onto something really hideous!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malpaso said:

That’s a lovely model, though back in the day I always thought the 928 a bit of a bloater.  Still it’s positively svelte compared to some of Porsche’s current monstrosities!

cheers

Will

I've always loved this big bottomed Porsche!

Nice painted work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MR2Don said:

Very good. I like the chequer on the seats, although on the real car it was well over the top! It's almost like Porsche were embarrassed by the car and decided to divert people's focus onto something really hideous!

i think applying those seat decals, was the most satisfying part of the build..😂

Unlike many of you, I think this one is my favourite Porsche, and this build has certainly done it justice. Looks like a very nice job, and judging by the quality of this build I suspect putting it next to your first build will be a good indication of the progress you've made since you started.

Just wondering why you felt the need to put Pledge over the windows - were they scuffed up or something? If so and you're struggling with the Pledge as you say (doesn't look bad to me), I'd suggest trying polishing with Tamiya Fine (or Finish if you can find any at a non-extortionate price) polishing compound when you do your next car and see if that suits you any better.

Still cant seem to get the clear parts to look 'clearer' by dipping in the Pledge clear.  end up looking a bit messy..

There are two possible reasons for that:

The Pledge you're using is aged and too thick. And/or the kit glass has waves or wrinkles in it.

You can easily strip off the Pledge with original Windex with ammonia in it.

Sand the glass from 2000 grit to 12,000 grit WET until a fine translucent haze. Pour as new a bottle as you can find of the Pledge shown (there are many types), let the bubbles settle out then dip. Stand part as vertical as possible under a cover to repel dust.

Handle the dry part by the edges only.

IMG-7866.jpg

• Like 2