Aaaarrgghhh I can’t take it anymore. The Messerschmitt Me 262B-1a/U1 by Airfix 1/72

Good progress Johnny, starting to come together nicely.

Oh wow!! That was you? I bought that mag because of this build. You did a really great job. The PE looked a bit fiddly mind.  fingers crossed this one will turn out half as good as your one. 

Thanks for that, I have no doubt you'll do a great job on the old beast, I must admit, I really like the look of the two-seater. The PE wasn't difficult to fit really and to be honest, having built many 1/700th ships packed with PE, these parts seem kind of big. (the state of my eyesight though, would probably disagree:drunk:)...

• Like 1

The Me looks good! 

The Czechs inherited several of these, including the 2 seater, and used them into the 1950s. Known as the Avia S92 

And some of them were done out in either silver paint or bare metal. 

They don't half look good. 

Some really interesting prototypes and experimental stuff tried out in the last stages of the war, including one with a single enormous gun in the nose that must be up there with the Mosquito Tsetse 6pounder. 

Lovely new venue too 

• Thanks 1

On 1/28/2020 at 12:59 AM, CedB said:

Nice new desk.

Nice view (with natural light, sometimes).

Nice drawers (oooer missus).

(It's on the second slat up - is there a prize?)

Nice mottling practice.

Nice pre-shade.

Nice :) 

Thanks Ced. Prize? Yes!! You are the best at spotting things for sure. You win...🤔 all the little pilots I have left. Do you still need them?

I’m loving that blind, it’s like a sticky fly trap. 🤣

On 1/28/2020 at 7:03 AM, giemme said:

Yes, overall nice progress, in both scales :winkgrin: :D

Ciao

Thanks G

On 1/28/2020 at 9:48 AM, general melchett said:

Good progress Johnny, starting to come together nicely.

Thanks for that, I have no doubt you'll do a great job on the old beast, I must admit, I really like the look of the two-seater. The PE wasn't difficult to fit really and to be honest, having built many 1/700th ships packed with PE, these parts seem kind of big. (the state of my eyesight though, would probably disagree:drunk:)...

I saw the one you built for sale at Tornado today. Very tempting. But I can’t stop thinking about the Revell 1/32 one. 😱

On 1/28/2020 at 11:57 AM, rob Lyttle said:

The Me looks good! 

The Czechs inherited several of these, including the 2 seater, and used them into the 1950s. Known as the Avia S92 

And some of them were done out in either silver paint or bare metal. 

They don't half look good. 

Some really interesting prototypes and experimental stuff tried out in the last stages of the war, including one with a single enormous gun in the nose that must be up there with the Mosquito Tsetse 6pounder. 

Lovely new venue too 

Oooh a silver one!! I have BMF too. 🤗

On 1/28/2020 at 1:56 PM, Spookytooth said:

Ooooooooh you moved work area, a bench with a view!!!

Nowt beats a bit of natural light to work in.

Oh , and the 262 is coming along nicely too.

Simon.

Thanks Simon.

Thanks for all the kind words. More sooooon. 🤩🤩🤩

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Oooh a silver one!!

I'm going to check out MrDecal (in Poland) see if he has any of these covered in the listing. 

I just received his decal sheet for the Silver Spitfire G-IRTY and they look like the BUSINESS to me. 

Not individually done.... It's all one sheet, and they'll need trimming out, but looks good to me. 

I've done a 262 in foil already, some considerable time ago, just because I wanted to..... 

Boy, does it look cool ⚠️😎⚠️

• Like 2

Mein Gott! This is cracking on a pace. I've been a bit pre-occupied with real life stuff (elderly mum in hospital again for the second time in a year) and two extra pages have appeared as if from nowhere. I'm really enjoying this Johnny...and your workspace looks terrific too, with what looks like bags of natural light. Lovely!

• Thanks 1

On 1/29/2020 at 11:30 PM, CedB said:

Always willing to give pilots a good home Johnny! PM inbound :) 

As mentioned in my message I only actually have 2 1/2 pilots one of the ones from this kit is legless and not in a good way. 🤪 I’ll save em up for you. 🙌

On 1/29/2020 at 11:35 PM, rob Lyttle said:

I'm going to check out MrDecal (in Poland) see if he has any of these covered in the listing. 

I just received his decal sheet for the Silver Spitfire G-IRTY and they look like the BUSINESS to me. 

Not individually done.... It's all one sheet, and they'll need trimming out, but looks good to me. 

I've done a 262 in foil already, some considerable time ago, just because I wanted to..... 

Boy, does it look cool ⚠️😎⚠️

I bet it does. 🤩

On 1/30/2020 at 11:39 AM, Timmas said:

Mein Gott! This is cracking on a pace. I've been a bit pre-occupied with real life stuff (elderly mum in hospital again for the second time in a year) and two extra pages have appeared as if from nowhere. I'm really enjoying this Johnny...and your workspace looks terrific too, with what looks like bags of natural light. Lovely!

Thanks Timmas.

sorry to hear about your mum. Hope everything turns out ok. This rattled along and then all of a sudden head slowed. More soon though. 🤞🥰

On 2/1/2020 at 12:14 AM, Wince said:

Johnny that is an impressive stash too! 

Thanks kid. 🥳

On 2/2/2020 at 8:48 PM, Howlindawg said:

The new workspace looks great John, I have desk envy!

The Schwalbe looks good too!

Thanks. Just need to get to it now.

Sorry about the lack of updates. The office move has stepped up a gear and we need to be done in the next two weeks and we’re away next weekend. 😱

some interesting GB news from Mr @TonyTiger66 

there is this in the works.

And I got this in the post.

49485043507_a45559886d_b.jpg

As I’m planning to build.....

49466303882_fb6bc56153_c.jpg

This thing ! ❤️

Join in if you like. It’s not for a while so no hurry. More 262 action soon as I get to the desk.  

Take care y’all. 

Johnny.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

As I’m planning to build.....

49466303882_fb6bc56153_c.jpg

This thing ! ❤️

Oi! I object to being called a "Thing".Aliens have feelings too you know. :weep:

Offended of Mars 👽

• Haha 10

17 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Oi! I object to being called a "Thing".Aliens have feelings too you know. :weep:

Offended of Mars 👽

Would calling you Mr. Thing show due deference? 

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Offended of Mars 👽

Sorry o’ Martian wonder. I don’t know what I was thinking. 🤣😊😇

24 minutes ago, Bonhoff said:

Worth a punt. 😝

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Bonhoff said:

No.

1 minute ago, The Spadgent said:

Sorry o’ Martian wonder. I don’t know what I was thinking. 🤣😊😇

O' Martian Wonder is a step in the right direction. O' Wonderous Martian Overlord is getting closer.

Lord Martian of the Blurglecruncheon 👽

• Haha 6

Well you know I bought all that thar RLM paint?

yeah you do....🤓

these ones.

49489828497_69dcedab88_b.jpg

No bloody RLM 76 That’s the first colour I need. 😫

RLM 61 looks brownish which I guess is right Dunklebraun . But it’s green in picture. Shoud it be green and brown wings then?

I need to get some paint then.
Tornado models calls. 🤩 

Johnny.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

O' Martian Wonder is a step in the right direction. O' Wonderous Martian Overlord is getting closer.

Poor old Thing. Wait until Johnny comes after you with his chopper... 🚁:spider:

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

No worries seeing as I am also the Laird Macbeth of Macbeth.

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Well you know I bought all that thar RLM paint?

yeah you do....🤓

these ones.

No bloody RLM 76 That’s the first colour I need. 😫

RLM 61 looks brownish which I guess is right Dunklebraun . But it’s green in picture. Shoud it be green and brown wings then?

I need to get some paint then.
Tornado models calls. 🤩 

Johnny.

Don’t think tornado stocks AK air as was after some myself.  You thinking a tamiya/ Vallejo proxy?  

Edited by Wince
  • Like 1

All those bottles and when you reach for the one you want… share your pain Johnny :( 

I somehow missed the OH-58a - good to see someone else is being tempted to build something with rotors :) 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Great use of emoticons. 🤩

19 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

No worries seeing as I am also the Laird Macbeth of Macbeth.

Martian 👽

Oi! 👃🗣

19 hours ago, Wince said:

Don’t think tornado stocks AK air as was after some myself.  You thinking a tamiya/ Vallejo proxy?  

I thought they did. No worries though I checked last night and I do actually have the Tamiya equivalent. XF 21 I believe.

10 hours ago, CedB said:

All those bottles and when you reach for the one you want… share your pain Johnny :( 

I somehow missed the OH-58a - good to see someone else is being tempted to build something with rotors :) 

Luckily I have a substitute. 😇 I haven’t started the chopper. It’s for @TonyTiger66’s group build. You should join in. 🥶😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Xf21 is very good but might need toning back? I used to use it as a lad on late war Luftwaffe aircraft and also raf aircraft. 

I will ask at tornado if they are getting some ak paints in as they do look good. 

• Thanks 1