Syrian AirForce Su-22M4 Kitty Hawk 1/48 - finished!

19 hours ago, exdraken said:

L7WIPFI.jpg

:analintruder: Oh-la-la...! She's got the proper sit! 

19 hours ago, exdraken said:

@Uncle Uncool were are your suggest brass legs :D

Still on campaign with G-Factor so that they consider releasing a set for this kit - not for Hobby Boss' :lol:

Campaign comprises modellers in Argieland, Brazil, Uruguay, Perú, Colombia and Chile. Ecuador and Venezuela won't cooperate.

I still didn't have time to arrange with IPMSs in North America, Europe and Asia, but I started conversations with members in Aussieland and Kiwiland.

If you and/or Jean-Michel are in, the e-mail to which you can address petitions regarding to this subject is:

[email protected]

I've been dealing with different solutions in order to suppress the wobbliness of legs on mate Mirto's build. Something which worked the best was flattening the tyres on the main landing gear legs so that there's a level surface for the kit to rest on. To keep the proper sit I had to slightly flatten the nose landing gear tyre as well, but very lightly.

Stability is highly increased that way until there's a brass solution. 

Yeh, it is...

Cheers,

Unc2

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

:analintruder: Oh-la-la...! She's got the proper sit! 

Still on campaign with G-Factor so that they consider releasing a set for this kit - not for Hobby Boss' :lol:

Campaign comprises modellers in Argieland, Brazil, Uruguay, Perú, Colombia and Chile. Ecuador and Venezuela won't cooperate.

I still didn't have time to arrange with IPMSs in North America, Europe and Asia, but I started conversations with members in Aussieland and Kiwiland.

If you and/or Jean-Michel are in, the e-mail to which you can address petitions regarding to this subject is:

[email protected]

I've been dealing with different solutions in order to suppress the wobbliness of legs on mate Mirto's build. Something which worked the best was flattening the tyres on the main landing gear legs so that there's a level surface for the kit to rest on. To keep the proper sit I had to slightly flatten the nose landing gear tyre as well, but very lightly.

Stability is highly increased that way until there's a brass solution. 

Yeh, it is...

Cheers,

Unc2

will do so!

Any idea where to get gfactor outside the US, best within Euope?

did you know about these for the MiG-23?: https://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/gfm48025.htm  :) 

28 minutes ago, exdraken said:

will do so!

Thanks, Werner, ¡mi hermano! :lol: The more, the merrier.

29 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Any idea where to get gfactor outside the US, best within Euope?

How about Hannants in the UK or Aviation MegaStore in "they're" Netherlands?

31 minutes ago, exdraken said:

did you know about these for the MiG-23?: https://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/gfm48025.htm  :) 

:analintruder: Sweet!

Ever since September the 16th last year, I've been harassing one sheila going by the name of Charlene Norman on SprueBrothers on a monthly basis so that she would tell me when they were going to restock the 1/48 F-105D brass legs for the Monogram kit.

I never got a reply ever again.

Yeh, me didn't...

Cheers,

Unc2

Wow @exdraken , this one turned out to become a very beautiful model. I have built the same kit, although mine ended its own short life in a rather inglorious way, broken to pieces after an inner explosion of uncontrollably aggressive feelings. Some sad pictures of the farewell ceremony still exist somewhere but I'm not too proud of myself and hence avoid publicity. But your model, mate, inspires me to the point of buying a new kit and fighting with it all over again. You've done a fantastic job there. Well done.

Edited by nasosrr
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

-Just a question, does someone knows wether  G-FACTOR is still on the job. or not....

Supposedly yes! As of yesterday. When? I do not know yet!

8 hours ago, exdraken said:

finishing touches...

master pitot... that I nearly broke :wall:

- The Master pitot give a very realistic look to the models they adorn but they are rather brittle. I bent, even broke several mostly during transport to modelshow ..

kind of finished I'd say!

:) :)

thanks everybody for your patience and great support! was absolutely needed! :thumbsup:

y5syU9v.jpg

5knIxYF.jpg

JgImU5U.jpg

thXq6qv.jpg

more soon! in RFI

• Like 9

Very beautiful desert bird this one!!! You've done a marvellous work mate. And, like I said, knowing this kit... I see why you say that the support was needed! 😄 But you've been awarded with a lovely and very impressive model!!!

• Thanks 1

On 6/2/2020 at 10:20 PM, FalkeEins said:

Super work !   

You just missed the bird droppings on the tail fin !

oy yeah... how could I miss that! just another , not so comfy plane in a different shelter ;)

7 hours ago, Kushan_Farsight said:

quality work!  :thumbsup: have you fixed the wings in place?

no, they are fully movable! 

no flaps though of course

intermediate, maneuvering position:

WPF4wGk.jpg

fully forward

VTQPqHD.jpg

fully back 

ZAutkKM.jpg

cheers, 

Werner

• Like 11

It really looks awesome Werner. I keep visiting your thread each time I see new posts. Really tempted to order a new kit and build it again!!! I'm so inspired by yours. 

Edited by nasosrr
  • Thanks 1

• exdraken changed the title to DF - finished!
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...