A BIG Rolls-Royce Version II 1-7-2020

• 2 months later...

Another 'magical' update from Mr Cox....with an explanation in his own words...

"The fuel pump is the Jumo, three piston pump from the Mercedes kit.  A masterpiece of German ingenuity and complexity, this pump is legendary.  No cheesy leather diaphragm for Mercedes!  This thing features three hand-fitted pistons.  Restorers quake with fear at rebuilding costs…. What could be mor appropriate for a 12-cylinder Alfa with three ignitions?"

Wheels are from a local shop and take Pocher RR tires.

thumbnail-IMG-0139.jpgthumbnail-IMG-0260.jpgthumbnail-IMG-0030.jpgthumbnail-IMG-0029.jpgthumbnail-IMG-0028.jpgthumbnail-IMG-0177.jpg

to be continued............

• Like 4

From Dave.....

"Wiring is almost done, body is on the frame. Much left to do but the heavy lifting is done.  LED’s have given me fits.  Turns out 3v is too skimpy to run so many.  I will add some voltage but I am concerned for my sub-miniature dashboard light bulbs."

zz1.jpg

• Like 3

Hmm, if they are 3V leds they should be ok while running at 3V. If they do not give enough light, it most probably is lack of current, not voltage. Dave will attain better lighting if he lowers the value of the resistor. That will lead to a higher current through the led. And of course the power supply should be able to deliver the total needed current at 3V.

Nice model. Again!

I’m looking for spark plug wires like the ones used by our friend. The AR engine pictures I see mostly have yellow with blue or black patches.

I haven’t seen these anywhere in a good scaled version. If anybody knows a source for these wires, do let me know.

10 hours ago, Pouln said:

Nice model. Again!

I’m looking for spark plug wires like the ones used by our friend. The AR engine pictures I see mostly have yellow with blue or black patches.

I haven’t seen these anywhere in a good scaled version. If anybody knows a source for these wires, do let me know.

Model Motorcars have it if you search their site.

https://model-motorcars.myshopify.com/products/ignition-wire-z038?_pos=1&_sid=de5581554&_ss=r

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Dave's closing words on the Alfa.....

"The point of this model was to finish off my series of straight-twelve engines.  The Alfa 12 is the result of combining two straight-eights into a straight-twelve.  The chassis is lengthened slightly.  The front wings are from the RR Sedanca kit."

Last pics...enjoy.....

thumbnail-IMG-0261.jpgthumbnail-IMG-0262.jpgthumbnail-IMG-0263.jpgthumbnail-IMG-0264.jpgthumbnail-IMG-0385.jpgthumbnail-IMG-0387.jpgthumbnail-IMG-0396.jpgthumbnail-IMG-0401.jpg

A great 'finale' :)

• Like 4

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...