P-51 B/C Mustang Air Racer

Courageous

On 3/8/2020 at 4:32 PM, Courageous said:

Looks good to me but this won't make the finish line, just realised that I have no orange for the spinner. To make the situation worse, the orange needs to match the orange 'NX28388' decal. I will plod on as far as I can.

Stuart

Mix red and yellow and adjust it with other hues - maybe you can make the deadline then?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dansk said:

Mix red and yellow and adjust it with other hues

Thanks for the encouragement Paul but I have never been very good at mixing colours and I'd sooner wait for 'the' paints to arrive.

Stuart

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Courageous said:

Thanks for the encouragement Paul but I have never been very good at mixing colours and I'd sooner wait for 'the' paints to arrive.

Stuart

That’s understandable, best to get it right so you’re happy 👍

• Like 1

Managed to a get little at the bench before the club meet.

20200311-190907-1.jpg

Black anti-glare on using Tamiya X-1. All glossed up  and started the decals. just realised that I hadn't painted the exhausts yet, so better do them before I stick any decals on in that area. Still no orange paint yet, still time though if I can get everything else done.

Stuart

• Like 10

Postman Pat didn't make a paint delivery today, so I'm sad to say that the racers will not be making the deadline. In light of this, I will be having a few beers to drown my sorrows.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thanks the GB organisers for err... organising and to thanks all those who C & C on my builds. Well done to all.

Ps. I will continue this thread until completion of both racers.

Stuart

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Courageous said:

Postman Pat didn't make a paint delivery today, so I'm sad to say that the racers will not be making the deadline. In light of this, I will be having a few beers to drown my sorrows.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thanks the GB organisers for err... organising and to thanks all those who C & C on my builds. Well done to all.

Ps. I will continue this thread until completion of both racers.

Stuart

Good evening Stuart

I am sorry to read that but I am looking forward to see it finished once you will have received the paint ...

Patrice

• Like 1

Well, good try Stuart and you've done really well with your other builds. Do keep posting, I'll enjoy seeing the racers being finished.

Best wishes,

Green 13...

20200317-173021-1.jpg

Two oranges from Mr Color required to achieve the orange spinner, more than likely never to be used again. Anyhoo, spinner done, now need to let it dry before I can mask and get the green on the back end. See you tomorrow.

Stuart

• Like 5

20200318-185233-1.jpg

All the decals are on and now undergoing the Sol treatment. That long sweeping one from the rear glazing towards the nose on the port-side was a 'barsteward' as it broke into three parts...all fixed.

Stuart

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, Courageous said:

That long sweeping one from the rear glazing towards the nose on the port-side was a 'barsteward' as it broke into three parts.

Yes I can quite imagine that one would have been tricky, good fix Stuart.

Looks very nice,

• Like 1

Cheers guys. These racers are moving along now, so it shouldn't be to long before they're completed...

Green 13 has it's spinner painted and glossed, just waits for a pole to go up its rear so it'll fit on the a/c. Landing light, pitot, undercarriage and wheels all fitted, now sits waiting for undercarriage doors and its base. Also got to see what, if any, radio aerial it had.

Blue 90 is decalled. Waits for its gubbins to go on...plus its base.

Keep well

Stuart

• Like 1

Hi guys, calling this one done.

20200320-204031-1.jpg

Green 13 finished. Could've done a little more weathering on the base but forgot, mind on other things. Will post more pics in Aircraft RFI later. In the meantime, Blue 90 moves along at a snails pace but we'll get their as I'm not moving onto other aircraft builds until it is.

Stuart

• Like 10

On 1/9/2020 at 4:50 AM, Toryu said:

the blue one is more colourful since the green one will not look much different from the OD war horses.

Not sure I'd agree with you now I've seen them about complete, they're stunningly different & brighter & I know where I can find one for not silly money and........well, you know what happens next. :D

Styeve.

• Like 1