Avro Arrow blue prints found

Julien

Nice to know something actual survived. To bad the way they are displayed, you can't look through them. I can understand they don't want skin oils on them. Just be nice to see what's all there.

1 hour ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Nice to know something actual survived. To bad the way they are displayed, you can't look through them. I can understand they don't want skin oils on them. Just be nice to see what's all there.

Would be nice if soeone was to digitise them in this day and age

• Like 3

15 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

It was my first thought. We could buy some as well instead of that other white elephant.

Hmm nice idea but I have an idea that its radar cross section might be massive ....that said some aircraft have s surprising small cross section ....sea king as an example and helicopters are normally massive on account of the rotational frequency of the spinny thing on top😆

I think the closest in size was the F-106?  RCS, not sure but, I think the 105 and 106 would have had large RCS. Just my opinion.

The 105 plans and the Mossie plans that were found should all be digitized.  How often do we get second chances with these types of historical documents? 

I can borrow a scanner(j/k)

• 2 weeks later...

Quite ironic that the Prime Minster who cancelled the project at the time was John Diefenbaker and the blueprints are being housed at the University of Saskatchewan's Diefenbaker Canada Centre.

Regards

Robert