Fortcoming Airfix Hawk 100 re release,....excellent decal options

tonyot

Very nice options, although I'd have preferred a standard Canadian aircraft rather than the commemorative one but that's just me.

But £13.99... true that prices increase every year, but I remember buying the same kit for a Euro tenner when it was first issued. In fairness though an aftermarket decal sheet with these options would not be cheap so maybe it is a decent package after all.

Pity that the kit is not up to the most recent Airfix standard and is really a bit too toylike, it's one of those early Hornby era kits that would benefit from an update

Edited by Giorgio N
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

Pity that the kit is not up to the most recent Airfix standard and is really a bit too toylike, it's one of those early Hornby era kits that would benefit from an update

Bad bad or buildable, for a low skill set modeller,bad? 

28 minutes ago, Harley John said:

Bad bad or buildable, for a low skill set modeller,bad? 

Sure buildable, fit not bad apart from a couple spots, there's some detail but nothing spectacular, heavy panel lines but very good shapes. There have been great models built from this kit and even OOB comes out nice. It's not great for a 21st Century kit but not a bad kit in general. I prefer the recent Revell Hawk but that is not a 100. I also have a couple of this to build 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2020 at 5:05 PM, tonyot said:

Got to say,.... I love the decals options for the re released Airfix Hawk 100 kit,...... Commonwealth mates together;

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/shop/new-for-2020/bae-hawk-100-series.html

Cheers

Tony

Very nice Tony, the hard thing would be which one to build!

John

• Like 1

4 hours ago, canberra kid said:

Very nice Tony, the hard thing would be which one to build!

John

Has to be all three,.....might even build a 4 Sqn one too!!! 

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

Wish you could get decent 4 Sqdn decals.

What jaw says,...... Xtradecal did decals,..... a 4 Sqn set and also a Modern RAF update set. .... I found these one on e bay;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xtradecal-X72148-1-72-The-History-of-4-Squadron-Model-Decals-/142026259930

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xtradecal-1-72-BAe-Hawk-T-1A-T-2-in-Black-72167/322790705781?hash=item4b27d34a75:g:w1IAAOSwlp1ZzQGr

Edited by tonyot

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/22/2020 at 9:16 AM, jaw said:

Xtradecal did  a series of 4 Sqdn markings a while back but nit sure if they are still available.

Available direct from Big H in Lowestoft here   .