1/72nd Sword Spitfire FR.Mk.XIV, 11 Sqn, RAF Seletar, Singapore 1946

Tony,

Brush painted? No way, Jose! Please tell me you masked those stripes and didn't do them freehand, or I might have to fall on my X-acto! (Swann-Morton for you on the other side of the pond!) You are the master of the "hair" brush! (I will go sit quietly in the corner until the spell passes.)

Mike

• Like 1

I'd never noticed the light-coloured leading edges on the wingtips before that first photo, and I see you apparently didn't notice them either!

Favorite Mark, and a flattering scheme- what's not to like?

bob

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gingerbob said:

I'd never noticed the light-coloured leading edges on the wingtips before that first photo, and I see you apparently didn't notice them either!

Favorite Mark, and a flattering scheme- what's not to like?

bob

LOL,.... I noticed them Bob ,..... forgot about them and just realised again when I posted the photos!! One of the pitfalls of making a number of models at the same time! However,....they are already being painted yellow as we speak, so don`t worry! I`m pretty sure that the area along the underneath of the wing leading edges has the yellow overpainted using a darker grey,.....and that is being considered too. They were obviously clipped wing and had full span tips fitted from stores.

Cheers

Tony.

15 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Tony,

Brush painted? No way, Jose! Please tell me you masked those stripes and didn't do them freehand, or I might have to fall on my X-acto! (Swann-Morton for you on the other side of the pond!) You are the master of the "hair" brush! (I will go sit quietly in the corner until the spell passes.)

Mike

Oh they were masked off Mike,...... no worries about that! I`m currently adding the yellow stripes to the wing tips and weathering that white wing stripe too as I forgot to do those at the end!! 

Master of the Hairy Brush,...... nah,.... don`t think so,...... and now that I`m running out of my favourite paints I`m having to learn new techniques,..... we are all on a learning curve mate.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Beard said:

That's a great build of what can be a tricky kit. Which method did you use to attach the top cowling bits?

Cheers Edge,...... I assembled the cowling first,..... then added it to the fuselage,..... but with just enough give in it,..... with the glue not fully set,.... to be able to line up the sides,..... the top section did stand a bit proud but it was easily sanded smooth later mate. 

Edited by tonyot
  • Thanks 1

Thank you everybody for your very kind words,...... wasn`t expecting that,...... just glad you like it,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1