H builds Stuka-G Tank Buster FINISHED

My names not on the list, but I’m coming “Blitzkrieg” style with the Academy 1/72 “Tank Buster”. 

I don’t have a completed Luftwaffe machine in my collection, time to change that. 

Box shots ready for the off,

1A420A69-0836-48DF-BF55-E5D5B43C4185

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 10

On 1/7/2020 at 11:27 PM, Hockeyboy76 said:

My names not on the list, but I’m coming “Blitzkrieg” style with the Academy 1/72 “Tank Buster”. 

I don’t have a completed Luftwaffe machine in my collection, time to change that.

No need to have the name on the list. And lets hope it will be your first Luftwaffe model in your collection.

Enjoy the journey.

Cheers, Peter

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Basilisk said:

The decal do add a nice splash of colour to a great build.

Cheers, Peter

Thanks Peter,

Finished the decals now,

Job list now

Paint canopy, fix tail wheel, paint and fix guns & a bit of weathering. 

• Like 3

Lovely to see another Academy 1/72 JU87G-1 Tank Buster in the gallery and outside too. Great build and I'm full of admiration that you managed to get the 'B2' decals on the wheel spats - even with Set/Sol just couldn't get them to sit. The kit didn't include the swastika on the tail - must get one of those. I do like your subtle weathering - something I haven't tried yet on my return to modelling.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TommyF said:

Lovely to see another Academy 1/72 JU87G-1 Tank Buster in the gallery and outside too. Great build and I'm full of admiration that you managed to get the 'B2' decals on the wheel spats - even with Set/Sol just couldn't get them to sit. The kit didn't include the swastika on the tail - must get one of those. I do like your subtle weathering - something I haven't tried yet on my return to modelling.

Thanks, I used Set/sol and they went on fine, it was just tricky getting them around the canons. Weathering was just Mig Ammo blue/black panel line wash and the humbrol paint went on in thin layers, more to do with the paint from the tin than anything I did. 

16 minutes ago, nimrod54 said:

That's a great result matey and it looks really nice in the Welsh sunshine. The natural light makes the camo colours really pop out.

Thanks good buddy.

Last time I took a photo of a model in the Welsh sunshine, the Beast from the East struck. Now Boris has banned us all from leaving our houses, maybe I should leave Wales?

51 minutes ago, Basilisk said:

Great to have it finished - a model you can be proud of.

Cheers, Peter

Thanks Peter, and my first Luftwaffe in the display case. 

• Thanks 1