Ducati 1199

Hi folks.

First build of 2020 completed (yeah... OK, it should have been a '19 build, but things dragged out a bit.)

All out of the box.  Enjoy (& get yourself a Tamiya bike kit to get the mojo working)

49344089642_beb5bd30c2_z.jpg

49343419398_f1c109f5f2_z.jpg

49343877561_55618a16e3_z.jpg

49344095727_07b4364c5f_z.jpg

49343425533_0181178eea_z.jpg

49343427358_161b9882da_z.jpg

49343429128_47eb60eb61_z.jpg

49343431168_e2b8a732a4_z.jpg

Edited by hairystick
  • Like 18

1 hour ago, hairystick said:

Enjoy (& get yourself a Tamiya bike kit to get the mojo working)

I have two on the go, but stalled!

Anyone here will tell you that I am a serial model starter … :)

Cheers,

Alan.

• Like 2

Thanks for the nice comments guys!

On 1/7/2020 at 2:08 AM, Alan R said:

I have two on the go, but stalled!

Anyone here will tell you that I am a serial model starter … :)

Cheers,

Alan.

Hi Alan.

Oddly I seem to use a bike kit to get me out of a rut. Last year was unproductive, but I managed to get a few kits from a stash sale with this being among them.

I'm unsure what the magic ingredient is with bikes... (although I ride a bit, so that has some subliminal influence!)

Keep us updated on your progress.

• Like 2

A real beaut

You've done the real one justice on this

No.1 son had a real one a couple of years ago. He passed it on as it gave him a sore back. He reckoned it was made for 'wee' Italians and not big (tall) guys like him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hairystick said:

Keep us updated on your progress.

Will do.

I love bike kits. I have made a number over the years,

I used to be a biker once (over 35 years ago.. :(). I owned a Hondat VF 750F. Sadly it had to go...

Cheers,

Alan.

23 hours ago, Alan R said:

Will do.

I love bike kits. I have made a number over the years,

I used to be a biker once (over 35 years ago.. :(). I owned a Hondat VF 750F. Sadly it had to go...

Cheers,

Alan.

Ooh, a nice ride you had.

I'm on a VFR800 currently and love it. A good all-round bike.

The comment from Black Knight is quite apt... Ducati's are beautiful bikes but can give you a very hard time... (normally electrical!:devil:).

• Like 1

I love this, nice finish.  I built my first 1/12 Tamiya bike last year, the Ducati 916 (build page).  I got it cheap as it was missing decals, so did it as a debadged custom colour model.  I loved it, can't wait to get another.  This is a mighty fine example, great work sir.

Paul

• Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 4:33 AM, HoolioPaulio said:

I love this, nice finish.  I built my first 1/12 Tamiya bike last year, the Ducati 916 (build page).  I got it cheap as it was missing decals, so did it as a debadged custom colour model.  I loved it, can't wait to get another.  This is a mighty fine example, great work sir.

Paul

Cheers Paul!

I like your colour scheme on the 916 you did. Something "non-standard" so it stands out from the crowd. I also like your idea of the plasticard strips under the fairing to assist the join. I'm always finding a lot of "fill & fair" process being involved on getting them looking nice.

My 916 is in the Sig. panel below, and was also my first attempt at bikes - trying to get motivated and past a hiatus in building.

• Like 1

Looks great well done. I build cars mainly but I have built a couple of bikes in the past. They take a while to complete but boy do they look good when finished. More please 👍

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/12/2020 at 10:35 AM, IanJohnB said:

Amazing build. I've just started this - I'm enjoying it -feels like a really well made kit after some of the Revell builds I've done

Yep Tamiya are good quality bit more expensive than the Revell kits but well worth it in my opinion.

• Like 2