Junkers Ju-87R-2 Regia Aeronautica

Arniec

Hi guys,

I will be building a 1/48 Hasegawa Ju-87R-2. It will be build almost staight from the box.

There is a extra set of decals to make it a Italian Stuka. These will come from a old Eagle Strike sheet. I will put up some pictures later.

Cheers

• Like 5

7 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Good to see an Italian Stuka being added to the list Arnie as they were a very important user of the type, looks like we're slowly adding different nationalities to the GB list.

Thanks Craig. I wanted to do a Stuka for a groupsbuild of my own club. They have this year as a theme "Malta" .

So this will be the first of five models to be build for that. I have also got a Macchi Mc.202, Fiat Cr.42, Messerschmitt Me-109E7 and a Mosquito NF.II to build. They will all be build almost out of the box. I hope I can finish them all before the Telford show in November

12 hours ago, Basilisk said:

Sounds good. I wish you have an enjoyable build.

Cheers, Peter

Thanks Peter.

Cheers,

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Arniec said:

Thanks Craig. I wanted to do a Stuka for a groupsbuild of my own club. They have this year as a theme "Malta" .

So this will be the first of five models to be build for that. I have also got a Macchi Mc.202, Fiat Cr.42, Messerschmitt Me-109E7 and a Mosquito NF.II to build. They will all be build almost out of the box. I hope I can finish them all before the Telford show in November

That's a great selection of builds Arnie and should make for a very interesting display, Malta has no shortage of interesting subjects to build.

I shall have to look out for your club display, will you be in the International section?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, modelling minion said:

That's a great selection of builds Arnie and should make for a very interesting display, Malta has no shortage of interesting subjects to build.

I shall have to look out for your club display, will you be in the International section?

I think it will be a very interesting display as well. the club display will indeed be at the international section.

Cheers,

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mottlemaster said:

Hi Arnold .

Good to see you here with your 1/48 Hasegawa Ju-87R-2 .   I will be following your build while im doing the GB with the hasegawa G-2 1/32

All the best

Alistair

Thanks Alistair. I will be following your build as well. I have build the D5 version of Hasegawa ones. It is a lovely kit. Good luck with your build as well.

Hi guys,

Here are some pictures of the kit.

The box front

IMG_4912

And the content

IMG_4913

And this will be the Italian version I will build from the Eagle strike decals sheet.

IMG_4914

It is not very differen from a German version, but the decals will make the difference.

Cheers,

• Like 5

Hi guys,

I have made a start with the build yesterday. As it will be build out of the box it will proceed swiftly.

Here are two pictures of the cockpit before painting.

IMG_4920 IMG_4921

And here painted with RLM02 from tamiya by hand. It was given a dark wash and detail painting. I forgot to take some pictures before I closed the fuselage.

IMG_4925 IMG_4926

And here is the instrument panel. It will be fitted later.

IMG_4924

I also made whe wings up and the engine.

IMG_4923 IMG_4922

And that is it for now.

Cheers,

• Like 11

Looking good . I think the cockpits painted in RLM 02 are much easier to pop the detail out than the darker grey where the detail can get hidden in the shadows .I allways paint the ammo droms the darker grey as never seen them in 02

Cheers

Alistair

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mottlemaster said:

Looking good . I think the cockpits painted in RLM 02 are much easier to pop the detail out than the darker grey where the detail can get hidden in the shadows .I allways paint the ammo droms the darker grey as never seen them in 02

Cheers

Alistair

Thanks guys. 

Yes Alistair, you are right. It is easier to RLM02 than  RLM66. but for 66 I always use a dark wash and then high light the rest with some light dry brushing to get more depth. It is old fashion, but works fine for me.

Cheers,

• Like 2

I couldn’t definitively research my Stuka tub colour so it got 66 with detail picked out in 02, I thought it worked really well...IMHO EIIDSSMS 

Love the effect your ip has, looks great

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

I couldn’t definitively research my Stuka tub colour so it got 66 with detail picked out in 02, I thought it worked really well...IMHO EIIDSSMS 

Love the effect your ip has, looks great

The area of the time frame is a bit of a grey area. There was a order that all the clear visible cockpit parts should be painted dark grey (RLM66) I think it was somewhere in 1940. but I think that all parts stock were used up before they used the new ones. I know that the D vesion in Hendon have a RLM66 interior. I painted my model per instructions from Hasegawa.

I know it doesn't help much.

Cheers,

Hi guys, 

Here are some more pictures of the model. I have cleaned up the seams and mated the fuselage with the wings. 

IMG_4927 IMG_4928

And this is how far she is now. I have put on the Wheel shoes and also made the propeller ready. It was just placed here for the picture. I also made the bombs up.

I am using the SC50 bombs on the wings instead of the fuel tanks. As the tanks were just used for long range missions.

IMG_4929

Cheers,

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Mottlemaster said:

Nice work Arnold . Fit of parts looks to be excelent

Yes, it fits very good. Haven't needed any putty on it.

Cheers,

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

It has taken me two months before the next update. I have been bussy with work that got in the way. 

But here it is. I have done some painting the last few days. Now on to the pictures.

I painted the white band first and after it was dry I masked it.

IMG_4930

Then I painted the underside with RLM65 from Gunze.

IMG_4931

With that done I free hand painted the crosses out

IMG_4932

Then I started the masking of the canopies. It took me some time.

IMG_4933

This was first painted RLM02

IMG_4934

Before I painted the firtst top color RLM71

IMG_4936

This had to dry for a day. And today I masked it of

IMG_4937

And this is the result after removing the masking

IMG_4938 IMG_4939

That is it for now

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 3

Hi Guys,

again a update. I have some pictures of the model after the decals went on.

IMG_4940 IMG_4941 IMG_4942 IMG_4943

After I gave it a klear coat and a wash It was made dull and today I have finished it. 

Here is a teaser, the rest will go in the Gallery.

IMG_4946

I also finished this Macchi 202 for this project.

IMG_4951

Both are Hasegawa models

Cheers,

• Like 3