IRIAF McDonnell Douglas F-4E Phantom II- Hasegawa 1/48

Thank you everyone for your reply.🌺🌻
This is much appreciated.🙏🙏
Regards
Barzin

22 hours ago, Baldy said:

Absolutely superb Rhino Barzin - beautifully built and finished. You look to have got the colours spot on with the ones air to air shot. The only minor criticism I would make is the there could be slightly more flat on the tyres - it just looks a little tip-toe on the first picture. Lovely collection coming along there too! And some nice reference shots - not seen too many Iranian Air to Air pictures.

I guess an F-4D and F-14A are not too far off? Planning a 1/32 Iranian F-4D myself in the not too far distant future so if you have any reference pictures I would love to see them. I would be interested in knowing what colours you used?

Cheers

Malcolm

Hi dear

Thanks a lot for your advice, will be corrected tonight.

Yes, F-4D , RF-4E , F-14A and.... are my next projects.

About colors I used, for sand I mixed Hataka Tan color with a little white and sand yellow up to my optimum result.

Green is Gunze H309
Brown is mixture of Italeri 4644AP color with a little wood brown from Gunze
Underneath color is H311

Hope it helps
Can't wait to see your F-4D in it's Iranian dress.😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Very nice F-4E. I have a "soft spot" for the modern Iranian AF especially the colour schemes, like those shown in this post. My own 1/72 F-5E (which you may have seen) is here: 

I have a 1/72 F-4 in the stash and also an F-14. I may well do one or both in this scheme at some point.

Terry

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terry1954 said:

Very nice F-4E. I have a "soft spot" for the modern Iranian AF especially the colour schemes, like those shown in this post. My own 1/72 F-5E (which you may haver seen) is here: 

I have a 1/72 F-4 in the stash and also an F-14. I may well do one or both in this scheme at some point.

Terry

Hi Terry
Yes, I have already seen your great job on the F-5,was a joy to follow your build.

I look forward to see them and wish you same success in future builds.

Barzin

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Almost overseen your post...

One of the last countries to operate the double ugly. Although in my opinion still one of the most beautiful jet designs.

You did a great job with your "E", Asia Minor camo looks good. Weren´t all the stencils fun to apply? When my dad built his IIAF Phantom he cursed the amount of stencils 😄

Nice collection so far!

:clap:

• Like 1

great F-4!

the BL755 make it really different!

they also look absolutely great!

the Sparrows in contrast look a bit basic and shiny...

photos really look realistic and great to me!

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 6:47 PM, macman6107 said:

Wow! Expert level there. I thought it was the real deal in the first pic. Great work.

So did I!! The varnish on the wood makes it like it's sitting on wet tarmac, only given away by the decoration behind it, great bit of kit shaking lol :)

Edited by Toe
  • Like 2

Barzin,

Great Job !. One of my all time favourite aircraft (along with the Jaguar and Mirage F.1) and in a lovely scheme. I have always found the 'Asia Minor' scheme to be one of the most attractive around and the F-4E really sets it off. The inclusion of the BL.755s is also novel too.....I did not realise that we had supplied these. I'm mid way through a IRIAF F-14A in the grey/blue scheme and am very tempted to do a Z-M F-4D in the 'Asia Minor' scheme next !.

Well Done, Sir...............faultless ! 

• Like 1

On 17/01/2020 at 09:53, Harry Callahan said:

Really rarely to see a Phantom in iranian air force sheme, but she looks great. The only point what i dont like is the very glossy nose, here were a satin varnish recommend i think.

Hi Harry
Yes, maybe semi gloss or satin was a better option,however, If the maintenance personnel keep them clean they might look glossy too!

RjZBlFS.jpg
izxjhNn.jpg

On 17/01/2020 at 11:09, Reini78 said:

Almost overseen your post...

One of the last countries to operate the double ugly. Although in my opinion still one of the most beautiful jet designs.

You did a great job with your "E", Asia Minor camo looks good. Weren´t all the stencils fun to apply? When my dad built his IIAF Phantom he cursed the amount of stencils 😄

Nice collection so far!

:clap:

Hi dear
It was fun and neck killing, I almost used 100% of them.

On 17/01/2020 at 22:31, Tiger331 said:

Barzin,

Great Job !. One of my all time favourite aircraft (along with the Jaguar and Mirage F.1) and in a lovely scheme. I have always found the 'Asia Minor' scheme to be one of the most attractive around and the F-4E really sets it off. The inclusion of the BL.755s is also novel too.....I did not realise that we had supplied these. I'm mid way through a IRIAF F-14A in the grey/blue scheme and am very tempted to do a Z-M F-4D in the 'Asia Minor' scheme next !.

Well Done, Sir...............faultless ! 

Hi
3000 of BL755 CBU's were delivered to iran according the IRANIAN F-4 PHANTOM II UNITS IN COMBAT book.
This picture comes from this book:

9LeS7KP.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Phantom II is a beautiful and historic aircraft and in IRIAF markings she really looks nice.  Well done, Barzin!  Did you mix your own colors for the camouflage or use something straight from the bottle.  They look very realistic to my eye. 

• Like 1

On 21/01/2020 at 20:22, Matthew1974 said:

The Phantom II is a beautiful and historic aircraft and in IRIAF markings she really looks nice.  Well done, Barzin!  Did you mix your own colors for the camouflage or use something straight from the bottle.  They look very realistic to my eye. 

Hi Matthew

Thank you

For sand and brown I mixed colors and for green and gray I used color straight from the bottle as I described below.

On 08/01/2020 at 01:16, Barzin said:

Thank you everyone for your reply.🌺🌻
This is much appreciated.🙏🙏
Regards
Barzin

Hi dear

Thanks a lot for your advice, will be corrected tonight.

Yes, F-4D , RF-4E , F-14A and.... are my next projects.

About colors I used, for sand I mixed Hataka Tan color with a little white and sand yellow up to my optimum result.

Green is Gunze H309
Brown is mixture of Italeri 4644AP color with a little wood brown from Gunze
Underneath color is H311

Hope it helps
Can't wait to see your F-4D in it's Iranian dress.😎